Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Made a game, but having XInput Issues with the release build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there

I have created a simple game for my portfolio of work. It is a twin stick shooter, running @ 1280 x 720 using the Xbox pad. The Left analogue stick moves your sprite, the right one fires your bullets.

It builds and compiles fine. When running in debugging mode from VS, it's fine, but when I run either build, debug or release outside of this, nothing happens when I move the right stick, I can move the player, it just doesn't fire any bullets.

I am running a Windows 7 machine and just for testing sake, I decided to switch the *.exe file to run in compat mode in XP SP3, and it works fine.

So I thought I had solved the issue. But again, to make sure I asked a friend to download it and try it, and the same thing for him, he can move but can't fire bullets. I asked him to try switching to XP as he runs Vista, but that didn't work at all.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why it would be doing this?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
DavidDcSnk
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, can admin lock this, posted it twice. Apologises.
Aldur
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2010 15:37
From what I have read, I understand that you don't have your media located with your .exe file.

When you run it from outside VS are there any sprites or media displayed in the program itself?

If not, copy your media to your debug/release folder or the exe to where the media is located (if your media is quite large).

DavidDcSnk
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for replying. Yeah, initially I thought it was because I hadn't copied the sprite for the bullet but it is there, I've triple checked ha! But all the other media appears....

It just seems a really strange issue. Even more so if I put the exe in compat mode with XP, it works fine.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:25:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:25:42