Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Made a game, but having XInput Issues with the release build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Everyone

I've just finished porting across my XNA game that I made for my University dissertation and I've run into a few issues when running the release build of the game on my machine and on others.

It is a simple, twin stick shooter, nothing fancy, the left analogue stick moves the player, the right fires bullets. When running from within visual studio, the debug version works fine. The release build on the other hand does not run correctly. I can move my players sprite around, but it will not fire any bullets. If I run it outside of Visual Studio, the same thing occurs, but also with the debug build this time!

A 360 pad is required to play the game, I am running Windows 7 and I just thought I might as well give this a try, I changed the compat mode of the *.exe to XP SP3 when running outside of visual studio, and it for some reason started to work!

To make sure I asked some friends to try it, but they ran into the same issues as I did although this time changing to XP mode didn't help. Both were running Vista.

I think i've included everything of note. I've linked the release build for people to try if they so wish. Really I just wondered if anybody had run into issues like this before, or could shed some light on it.

Regards in advance

David

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:28:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:28:55