Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / net player destroyed()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 18:15
Hi guys!

I got around to testing my game on 2 computers at a friends house, and for some reason this command does not work!

It happens when the joiner presses the "cancel" button. When that happens, it uses the command "free net player" to remove the player from the game, but the command "net player destroyed()" on the host computer doesn't return anything... And after that, if the joiner that left wants to join again, it says it couldn't join the specified net game...

quick code:

So, whats going on here?

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2010 23:00
Strange... I get the same problem a lot when a Mac computer tries to join a game made by a PC user (or vice-versa) in Starcraft.

You seem to be having games with different names... one is called "idiot" and one is called "bob." I think you have to reset the checklist_quantity variable when the player re-joins.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 09:29
I tried resetting it with no success...

In my example I have only one game called "bob", which is created with create net game "game name","playername",maxplayers,flag and the computer that joins carries the name "idiot", who joins with join net game game_number,"playername".

If I scan for net games with perform checklist for net sessions, none pop up... So I can't join anything...

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 02:39:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 02:39:28