Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkPhysics Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 02:38 Edited at: 12th Jan 2010 02:39
Hi,

I just re-installed DarkPhysics and patched it up to the 26/05/2009 update but none of the examples will compile now.

I get the following...

I have tried ordering a re-build but with the same results and I have manually hunted down and deleted all Main.obj in the samples folder and all its subdirs.

If anybody has an idea of how to make this work I would be a very very happy man.

Many thanks

*edit - I am very sorry for the exceedingly lame title to this post. I meant to change it before hitting post but forgot!!

MACRO
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2010 16:41
Did it compile before you applied the patch?

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
MACRO
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

When I go to my account screen there are three downloads listed as available that are applicable to the GDK...

1) Download Dark Physics for Dark GDK (corresponds to the original installer.
2)Download optional Dark GDK Update - 26th November 2008 (corresponds to the file "DarkPhysics_GDK_261108.zip")
3)Download optional Dark GDK Update - 26th May 2009 (corresponds to the file "Dark_Physics_GDK_260509.zip")

When I install from the "Dark Physics - GDK.exe" file from download "1" it works and I can compile and run all examples (I have rolled back to this for the time being).

When I open download 2 there are two files "DarkPhysics.h" and "DarkPhysics.lib" which I patch into the "[DarkSDK]/include" and "[DarkSDK]/lib/vs9" folders respectivly overwriting the existing "DarkPhysics.h" and "DarkPhysics.lib" files.

When I try to compile with this configuration I get the following unresolved dependencies...

When I expand the third download there are three files "DarkPhysics.lib", "dxFluidRender.lib", and "dxFluidRender.h". The second two look like they may resolve the problems from the 2nd update so I patch as follows:

1) DarkPhysics.lib into ./lib/vs9 overwriting the existing DarkPhysics.lib file from the second patch

2) dxFluidRender.lib into [DarkSDK]/lib/vs9

3) dxFluidRender.h into [DarkSDK]/include

Then when I try to compile I get the error mentioned above.

Any ideas?

MACRO
MACRO
Years of Service
User Offline
If it makes any difference I am running Windows 7 ultimate 64.

On the offchance that the files were being installed in the wrong order I tried applying the patches in the reverse order with no luck.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!!!

MACRO
Jeason
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm I have the same problem but I can use DarkPhysics_GDK_261108 partially
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 16:43
Did you notice that all the mentioned errors have to do with DxFluidRenderer ?

I think you can only use PhysX fluids when you have PhysX accelerated hardware. That may cause these errors, but I'm not quite sure...
Can you compile a simple app with just a few rigid bodies or something like that?

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
MACRO
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Prior to installing the updates I could compile and run all of the physics examples. I can do so again now that I have rolled back my installation.

I had noticed that the errors all related to that which I found odd as it looks to me like there ought to be another .lib file containing the mentioned functions to link against so I am wondering if the download is borked.

I don't think that not having a physics enabled card would result in linker errors. Run time yes but linker no.

That should not be the problem though because I am running an Nvidia GTX 295 which is most certainly Physx enabled.

I am all out of ideas so I have raised a support ticket to see if TGC can be any help. If a solution comes to light I will post it here for anybody else with the same problem.

In the meantime if anybody thinks of anything that may help please post.

MACRO
MACRO
Years of Service
User Offline
In addition to my last post, these problems apply to all of the physics examples and anything that I try to link against the DarkPhysics libraries.

MACRO

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:15:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:15:30