Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / dark GDK & 3D World Studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have made a game level in 3D world studio and saved it as "dbo" extension but all i get is a solid white block with no texture or anything i have also tried X format and still the same thing any ideas?

also when i add these files into VC++ 2008 it compalines about No Rules Sre Set or something like that ????

Games are better when you can make them your self
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2010 18:22 Edited at: 13th Jan 2010 18:24
Are all the textures you used in the same folder as your .dbo?

Also, I think you have to light your map before you export.
GC70
Years of Service
User Offline
yes all my files are in the same directory as my c++ game files and i have also included them in the project solution part of VC++.

i have rendered all of my lights and textures before i exported the files to dbo but when i exported the fles it did not create any bmp files or jpg but i dont know if this is normal or not.

also does it matter about this rules message coming up when i add the files has anyone else had this same problem or have i got vc++ setup wrong somehow?

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 15:08
All your textures(jpg, bmp)need to be in the same folder as your DBO file, 3DWS should do this automatically when you export. If it has not done this for you, try putting them in yourself.

Quote: "also when i add these files into VC++ 2008 it compalines about No Rules Sre Set or something like that ????"

How are you adding them to VC++, other than exporting your DBO into the correct folder you don't need to do anything else, apart from load it in your code of course.

dbLoadObject("Test.dbo", 1); // all you need to do.
lesPaul456
Years of Service
User Offline
Also, make sure you are not using the default textures. The default images that come with 3D World Studio are not in a format that DarkGDK supports.
GC70
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks that was the problem using the dafault textures so i make my own textures in paint.

does anyone know if there is a way to convert the default textures into JPG or BMP as i have tried to open them with GIMP, Paint, Arcsoft picture studio to resave them as jpg but unfortunatly they cant read them

thanks everyone for your help

Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 11:19 Edited at: 26th Jan 2010 22:22
try using print screen then saving them in PNG... use the same size... 512x512... oh well i already made that so i just uploaded some of them

hi

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 20:33:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 20:33:08