Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DarkBasic System Error!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I have started getting a error message everytime that I try to run a program (even the example "my project" programs), this error is:

"System Error: No command file found."

I have searched around for a solution but I have not been able to find one. A lot of websites offer "darkbasic command files" to download but I am worried about downloading these files as the websites do not seem very genuine.

Any help with this problem would be great as I am unable to run anything!

Many thanks in advance
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have started getting a error message everytime that I try to run a program (even the example "my project" programs), this error is:"

What has changed with your computer? Did you get a new operating system? Did you install something new? Did you get a new computer? Are you using a different computer?

Enjoy your day.
Enlightened Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have recently installed windows 7 but it has been working fine on windows 7 for a couple of weeks so I dont think that it is that (also friends have been using classic on windows 7 for longer than me and are not having a problem).

I tried a complete new install but that did not fix it, I cant think of anything that I have installed that would be causing a problem for it, all I have installed lately apart from windows 7 is:

AVG free Anti-Virus
Panda Anti-Virus
Microsoft Enterprise
Open Office
Firefox
Photoshop CS4
Dreamweaver CS4

I dont think that any of the above will be causing a problem as I have had them all installed on a laptop with classic and I did not have any problem.
Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 02:50 Edited at: 15th Jan 2010 02:50
You cannot run the 1.2 update by itself. You have to download the old version of DBC first and then replace those files with the new, updated ones.

Enlightened Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Sinani201,

I dont understand what you mean.

I am using V1.13, I have been using this since september without any problems but for the past week it has suddenly started to show this error message whenever I try to run some code.
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
What is the code you are running when you get this error?

Quote: "Hello Sinani201,

I dont understand what you mean.

I am using V1.13, I have been using this since september without any problems but for the past week it has suddenly started to show this error message whenever I try to run some code. "

There is an update for DBC. Version 1.21

Upgrade

Try installing it to upgrade your DB. It was originally written to include a few extra commands, improve some of the internal object design, and be compatible with Vista. If you are running it in the default editor, the version displayed at the bottom will be 1.14 . That's ok, that was just a typo when the upgrade was made.

Enjoy your day.
Sinani201
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2010 18:26
Sorry, I was assuming that, since you got your new computer, you installed the 1.2 update straight away without using the 1.3 version.

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 20:07
If you are using a Windows IDE, have you tried on the menu bar...

Edit... Edit Options, select the DarkBASIC Options tab and making sure the first option (DarkBASIC Program) is pointing at the correct location of the DBC.exe file?

TDK

Enlightened Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys, thanks for all your advice.

I managed to sort it by doing a complete new "clean" install of windows 7. I dont really know what caused the problems but atleast it is working again!

Many thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:28:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:28:03