Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Same Terrain is Different On My Laptop

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 12:25
The terrain (both water and land terrains) in my game are different on my laptop then my desktop. It appears the problem is in the height of the terrians.

I copied the programming code folder straight from my desktop with all the image files to my laptop and ran it on the same version of VC++ as the desktop.

Im not sure what is causing this. Im thinking its either because im using large terrain files (600X600) to make a large game world or my laptop's graphics card can't handle it (ATI Radeon Xpress 200M). I remember trying to make larger terrain files but dark GDK wouldnt make the terrain larger.

Here is my code for making the terrain:

Anyone have this problem before?

Dan
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2010 19:00
I resized my terrains small and it had no effect. I then replaced my height map with the sample height map that installed with dark gdk and it worked fine. So the problem must be with my height map file.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 23:42:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 23:42:15