Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / 2d Game help please :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, im new to this so you guys will have to be as noobish term as you can, I have been researching and see that to make a rpg game you need alot of arrays. My question is how much skill will be needed to make a 2d game like this? I have story line, class's, maps everything writen down.

Video game wanting to portray:
Maplestory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3YLa_qrJJI&feature=related

Thanks in advancement
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2010 18:27 Edited at: 20th Jan 2010 18:28
A game like this would require an advanced level of skill. Some things that you would need to do:
Create all the background graphics, create every frame of the character graphics for all characters, create all of the items, weapons, windows, effects, etc. Create all of the sounds and music. Place all of these graphics/animations in the right place at the right time. Provide collision with the background and with enemies. Track all of the characters' attributes. Create an online experience.

If you want to make something like this, you will need to invest the time and energy to learn how to do so. Real world: It's not gonna happen next week or next month.

You didn't say what software you were using or intended to use. You might want to look at PlayBasic. Whatever you use, start off with an easier project and continue to work on more advanced projects and develop your skills, realizing that it will take you a lot of time to get anywhere near this level. It can be a very rewarding and enjoyable (albeit sometimes frustrating) experience.

Good luck to you.

Click my sig to download TGC Heroes v0.94.

Apple
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i would like to start but VC++ isn't working for me and no one will help me and microsoft wont help me unless i pay them 250 bucks.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2010 19:22
Start by downloading the free version of DBPro.

Then go here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

and learn the basics...

(Start with Beginners Parts 1 to 4).

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:08:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:08:20