Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / CodeSurge 2 Birthday Beta

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2010 02:59
Well, it's been exactly 4 years since I started writing CodeSurge. As a celebration, I'd like to let you have the current beta to play with until March 1, 2010.

I've mostly been working on the intellisense and making it multi-threaded. Try it out and see how it works for you. Just hit ctrl+space when you need help remembering how to type something. For example, after typing "AS" for a variable type, hit ctrl + space and it will show you a list of valid variable types. Or type "gosub" and ctrl+space, and it will show up a list of all your labels. It works for UDTs, too.

Still lots and lots to do, but I figured it would be good to at least get what I've got out there for some feedback.

CodeSurge
Version 2 coming soon!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Balid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2010 04:06 Edited at: 21st Jan 2010 04:07
Happy Birthday CodeSurge

Coming soon: Indigo a DBPro IDE alternative
BlueKlayman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2010 05:22
Ja, das ist gut!
Yes, that is good!
y3z dat !z g00d!111!

Happy birthday Codesurge!

Mulderman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2010 13:31 Edited at: 21st Jan 2010 14:09
I recommend you to pack your EXE with free UPX executable packer.
Your exe will be only 971KB instead of 2.40MB.
If you use compression level -9.

And about Intellisense, it would be better if it automatically displays valid commands at the same time you type code.
Look at Visual C# Express and XNA for example.
At the same time you type code it almost predicts what you want to type. I love this stuff. It makes coding alot faster.
Because you are using SynEdit then there should be alot of example to do that kind of stuff, i even found something like that on the internet, when i was working on my IDE.

Hopefully you can implement this.

OFC: Happy Birthday.

New GTA2 Map Editor :: http://www.gta2madness.co.cc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 04:44:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 04:44:27