Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Help loading map with dark basic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I 'm a darkbasic noob, I have created a map with this program: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115442&b=5 , and i want to load it in my darkbasic game, but when i saved my map I only have two files, a .obj and .lds files, how can i load them?
if is not posible to load, how program can i use to create maps o textured matrixs?
Caleb1994
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2010 05:25 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2010 05:36
That program was made for dbpro. I am not sure how it saves the objects.

I am not sure what type of file the .obj is. I don't think dbc can load it though. I know dbc can load 3ds files and x files.

Edit:

found this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ivcon-tl/

New Site! Check it out \/
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2010 15:48
You can load a map in .X or .3DS format with the command load object <object name>,index number

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
HEIMDAL13
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, but i don't know how i can convert the obj file to .x with the porgram ivcon 3d conversion, somebody know an other program to make landsacpes or a conversion program?
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "how program can i use to create maps o textured matrixs?"

Hello, check out some of these:

http://darkbasic.thegamecreators.com/?m=showcase&i=5

Especially Matedit though I didn't test any of the links to see if they still work.

Enjoy your day.
HEIMDAL13
Years of Service
User Offline
I also tryed map edit, but in the toturial (that I think that uses a old bersion of matedit)says me that I need a load matrix.dba, but the program says that i don't need the file, and I can't load matrix with this program because I don't know how i can load them also, sombody knows how I can load matrix with mat edit?
Thanks to all for help me.
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
You probably could convert it using Quick3d. They should have a free version that can convert to and from several common formats. Of course there is also the pro version that has MASSIVE support too.

Great Quote:
"Time...LINE??? Time isn't made out of lines...it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round!" -Caboose
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 20:11
Blender can convert anything to anything (well, almost).

Blender

And if you think you are going to be a serious programmer, I would purchase AC3D. I find it is the best tool to make any level or model you want, and it is really easy to use.

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 19:19 Edited at: 26th Jan 2010 19:36
Quote: "I also tryed map edit, but in the toturial (that I think that uses a old bersion of matedit)says me that I need a load matrix.dba, but the program says that i don't need the file, and I can't load matrix with this program because I don't know how i can load them also, sombody knows how I can load matrix with mat edit?"

Make sure you are using MatEdit which is specifically designed to make matrices not 3dmapeditor.

Matedit helps you build a matrix that is compatible with the DBC matrix commands. You will not be able to load .obj files with it but you can build your own matrix and then load it into your own code. There should be a Doc folder that has the documentation on how to use MatEdit. If you look in the Demos folder, there should be another folder labled Candyland. Open the folder, then load CANDYLAND into the DBC editor. Look at the code.

The text after the REM statements tells you the steps you need to load a matrix created with MatEdit into the source. This is already all set up for you for this demo so all you need to do is run it (F5) to test it out.

And if Blender seems a little tricky to use, for .obj files (these are usually Wavefront format files) try using Anim8or. Blender is a great program but it can take a little getting used to. Anim8or is a little simpler and loads .obj files and can export them as .3ds (compatible with DBC).

Open Anim8or, click on Object > Import > choose .obj and find your file. After your .obj file is loaded, click on Object > Export > choose .3ds and save a new version of your file.

You should then be able to load your new .3ds file into DBC. For example:
load object "terrain.3ds",1

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 20:08:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 20:08:54