Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK and SDL

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,

I have been using DarkGDK for half a year now and my game project is going fairly well.

I also used SDL for a small project that needed networking a while back and used the SDL_net library.

I want to add networking to my game and I was wondering if anyone has ever used DarkGDK and SDL libraries along side and whether they found any issues.

One of my concerns is input handling. Since DarkGDK has its own way of dealing with key presses events and SDL does too, I wonder if by having both libraries one of them won't be able to notice a key event.

If anyone knows if they are compatible please let me know,

Thanks
Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 14:59
Hmmm, I was actually interested myself in adding SDL stuff. From what I understand, in order for the SDL library to work, it requires a call to main() in C++, which you technically do not have through Dark GDK. What you will probrably have to do is make a DLL that contains the SDL functions you want to use and make kind of a wrapper for Dark GDK because, unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to use it directly, I could be wrong though
pepebotellas
Years of Service
User Offline
I am hoping to do some testing during the weekend, Ill let you know whatever I find out.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 23:44:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 23:44:19