Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Problems linking with Dark Physics and Dark GDK (I've searched forum, no luck)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 00:03 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2010 02:33
I can't get Dark Physics to compile at all...no matter what I do the samples keep saying that DarkPhysx.lib was compiled on an old compiler so I tried to download the updated ones off the forum along with the header but the same thing happens. When i run my own project, I keep getting linker errors too. I've verified to make sure that the folders and directories for the library and include files were set correctly and I checked to see if they are there. I've tried all the code generation options, the Multi-Threaded debug ones don't work, but the other code generation options thow warnings like this:

And the the the Multi-threaded dll runtimes will let me compile it with 25 warnings, but then all I get is a black screen at run time.

Now be aware that the only Physics command I was using is dbPhyStart(). Please help me with this, I paid good money for this plugin and I really think that if I paid for something, it should work. Thanks.
Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 00:14
And by the way, I did read this post:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142575&b=30

And it did have something to do with it...when I tried to compile the samples that came with the product, I got the error:

"The object or library file 'C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Lib\VS9\DarkPhysics.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries"

I just got this today so I figured that the libraries would be updated, where can I get the new compiled library?
Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 00:52
I found the new compiled libraries, put them in, set them up in the additional dependencies and I am still getting the same error...
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
does it work if you ignore the warnings. try just ignoring the warnings and see what happens, not that you should ignore them but give it try.

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 01:54
When I run one of the samples' code, I get the message saying that the library is compiled on an old compiler, but when i start my own project, put in the little sample code that comes in the manual titled "Your First Project" (Where the cube drops on the ground) the code compiles with 30 warnings, but then the window sits there on a black screenands loads for about 20 seconds and finally, the screen comes up with the box, but nothing is happening, as if the physics engine isn't even running. I ran the PhysX Box program that comes with the runtime drivers and it ran fine so I know that my PhysX drivers are installed correctly. Ughh...I'm starting to have that icky feeling of being ripped off...
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 02:57 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2010 02:57
haha true. to many people have had problem with the PhysX, i recommend looking around the forum for other physics system for GDK.

plus another problem is not everyone has the physics driver on their computer. i know that im my house, my computer the only one that has it and if any other used a programs that requires physic it wont work.

have a look at this thread. its more promising than PhysX

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=163701&b=22

Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 04:29
Yeah but the point is I don't feel like I should have to go and find another Physics library if I spent money on this one...is there any way to get a refund? Actually, I got the stuff to compile with no errors, but when I run the demo, the physx stuff doesn't happen, as if the engine wasn't even running....I'm sick of this...this is a problem...I appreciate your kindness and help Freedom but I really don't think it's fair that customers are treated this way...
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
well heres my question? did you do some searching around on the product before you bought it?

Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 08:54
I did...I guess I should have done a little more...it's been a while since I been here so I guess at the time I was buying it, I forgot who I was dealing with, if you know what I mean...
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
haha true.

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 11:32
It seems that you are using debug mode, have you tried to compile it in release mode?
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
yer, works for me. idk why though. the physics works for me. idk, i think its becuase it came with my graphics card. i didn't have to buy it. it just came with it so that probably why i don't have a problem.

Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 11:57
I have tried both Debug and Release Modes. It doesn't run at all in Release Mode.

I just want my money back. It simply doesn't work. Pure and simple.
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
well i can understand why. just keep having a play around for a few more days and have at look at that other physics thing i said. its works heaps good. driver up to date?

Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 12:43
Fulcrum doesn't work either. It throws an error message: "Could not start PhysXSDK.dll"
Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 12:59
Nevermind! Fulcrum was able to compile.

I'll give this a try. Thanks so much for your help, Freedom!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 23:35:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 23:35:10