Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / I'm SICK of spending my money with products that DON'T WORK!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 05:00 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2010 05:30
This stuff's really got me f****d up right now! I feel like I'm being robbed by continuing to purchase stuff that don't work!! I just bought the PhysX plugin so I could use it for collision in my game I'm working on in Dark GDK. I have DBPro but I can really go with C++ cuz I'm a OOP guy. First off, I had TONS of problems with DarkPhysx.lib and had to SEARCH THROUGH FORUMS to find a version that would work (I shouldn't have to do that after I dropped $55 USD on it). Then after I FINALLY got it to compile, the PhysX engine didn't even do anything...it's like it wasn't even running! I tried the little demo that comes with the Aegia runtimes and it worked so I know that ain't it! Plus, PhysX with DBPro works just fine so it's not my computer. I go to the forums for help, and people here on the forums cool so they tried to help me...but finally one person just suggested I use something else for my Physics...which I think is kinda f****d up especially after i just bought it...so in that case, I want my money back if it's gonna be like that!

That ain't right! I've pretty much bought almost every product that The Game Creators sells, and I brag about them on my radio show all the time, but these days, I ain't had nothing but hell with almost everything! Now, I can't get the DarkShader runtimes to work in Dark GDK...here we go again...problems with the dang linker...AGAIN~..."unresolved externals". Yeah yeah I checked my linker settings and additional dependencies...all that good stuff, checked my paths...everything...just didn't work...I know how to install libraries...and all that, it's not really that hard. I've installed LUA, SDL, Direct X and other stuff before with no problems.

I really feel like I been cheated and ripped off by The Game Creators...because I've been such a good customer...I've spent so much money on you all, and the only product that I hadn't had a splitting headache with was Dark AI and Unity! I mean, people here used to it now...they find work arounds to the shoddyness of some of your products...people have to come up with physics and collision DLL's on their own because The Game Creators can't get it right...actually, it's not like all your products are bad...but if you going to charge somebody money for something you need to make sure it work right. Like, I don't think the debugger in DB Pro ever worked...I mean...c'mon man...I understand everybody's software will have bugs...but when a feature just doesn't even work, that ain't cool...you might as well just take it out if you not gonna get it to work...as long as you guys have been in business...I know you have more love for the customers than that...it almost seems like you guys are more intersted in selling stuff than making a quality product.

I'm sorry I'm being so mean, personally, I like the staff at Game Creators because you all are always cool with people who have concerns...I'm actually going through a lot of personal issues right now and I just wanted to come back to Dark Basic to start working on a game and take my mind off of it...I was so excited to learn about Dark GDK because I'm better with C++ than I am with DBPro...but now it's stressing me out and I feel like I really just want my money back for PhysX if I can't get no help with it.
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
I know you may be angry but i think a better response would be to contact them personally they may be willing to give you a refund. This rant may make you feel better but i doubt it will actually help you work out the situation.

www.touchofdeathproductions.com
Creepy
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm thinking of buying DarkPhysX, how highly would you recommend it?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 23:42:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 23:42:08