Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Multiple Gamepad Support?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 05:08
Hi everyone. i have been looking for a way to get input from multiple devices, say, player one has his own controller, p2 also... and so on, but! i got stuck as soon as i noticed that dgdk has only support for one gamepad. is there a way around this? i know a way for multiple different controllers, but when i have two controllers of the same type i cannot set them up... (dgdk cannot tell the difference between joystick and joystick... (both their names are the same) so, i was wondering if anyone would like to share their wisdom with any API or some other engine that is compatible with multiple gamepads... an example program would be nice too.

hi
RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
I would implement the Xbox 360 controller. It has multi-controller support, and is extremely easy to integrate.
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2010 08:55
thank you! i already figured it out myself. if anyone interested. i wrote a simple wrapper for direct input. hard but it was worth it.

hi
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2010 09:35
hmmm maybe i should write some tutorials on how to do it... and some other things i have discovered like reading/writing to a file with dark gdk functions!

hi

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 23:37:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 23:37:52