Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / hello everyone :)

Author
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jan 2010 09:59
if you remmeber me , i was planing the Simple Game Editor SGE
and i had to move away from my home and cruise the country. so every once in a while i get to sit near a PC , and post some msges ,

so in the last month i was in a farm and about two days ago i moved out again , was walking for two days with my 5 dogs , about 65 kilometers and my legs hurt.

but do not worry!
i will get my work done when i can.
my dream about SGE is still running in my head.

and Evolutinary Ai systems for enemy and co op ai's
and Dynamic GamePlay (terrain , matrixes .. everything is changing while playing , so if you play a level twice it will be diffrent from any point of view)
and ofcourse all of it sits on a server and yeah!! its a multiplayer game with EVO ai and Dynamic GamePlay.

so do not worry i will finish my project when the wind will take an ease on me.

btw while crusing Israel im getting extremly familer with nature
and it gives me a lot of ideas on Terrain and Bushes and overall Gameply for my games. so FreedomFighter i know you reading man
and i know that you work on somethings like Terrain and Matrixes editors , dude, listen up.

get out of your house and start walking in nature if you live in a city take a bus with a sleeping bag , and a tent and start walking some mountings or lakes , man , this will give you an awesome terrain ideas and overall gameplay , when you see something that you want to create in a game , and you walk the land and see it and feel it and smell it , it gives you a lot of ideas and how to make things simple and feel good and real.

ok this is it for now , if i'll sit near a pc soon i will try to stay in touch , until then , keep creating and do what ever is good for you and for the gamers who will play your games and have luck and courage to try things that other didnt think about.

see ya later.
nadav.
Freedom Fighters
Years of Service
User Offline
haha, how you guess i would read this. ahahaha. lol
well, its true i have been out and about a few times. thats how i get some ideas.

my latest is the raising and lowing terrains and im making progress on that and should have a simple terrain editor to make terrains and export then to bitmaps. idk how about textured.

enjoy Israel.

Problem Solution That Never Fails: "Build A Bridge And Get Over It"
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2010 17:27
Good to here from you haliop, I seem to get inspiration from everywhere, I can't seem to watch Lord Of The Rings without getting my laptop out to try to re-create Middle-Earth lol.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 27th Jan 2010 07:13
ok , the day has come , im about to conitue my walk
im still at the country side , but soon i'll get into some urban areas , just hope no one will hate my dogs and want to take them

just kidding , no one will take my puppys (guards from hell)
5 puppys , a mixed race between the horrible PitBull and the kind Labrador .. any ideas for a game? yeah i got some.

ok , Tel Aviv , here i come!

nadav.

p.s

Freedom Fighters about Texturing a Terrain
if im not wrong there is a way to texture Vertices , then if you texture 4 vertices inside a square then you get to see it

or just one vertice and you see it .. well it was some time since i didnt code anything, but i do remmeber that it is something about vertices \

and one more thing, multi - texturing
you can achive it in a simple method i remmbered to use when i was builidng maps with Radiant for Cod 4 , if you have a given terrain and you want to multi-texture it , you can create a matrix or a new terrain like + 0.0000001 Y value , then you take that matrix and you put an Alpha Texture with a little transpercy , after that when you look on that in the 3D space you see 1 main terrain texture and another 1 "fake" detail texture , once its transperent it gives the illosion as it just there, so you get 2 textures on one spot , btw if you want just a small space of this method like a dirt road , you have the terrain and its texture and where you want to road , if you can select the vertices of the road positions , you select them , and press a button and this will create a MAtrix the same as the Vertices you selected , it put it +00000.1 Y value on top of it , and you texture it , i think this in a game editor is pretty simple to use , now , you cant select the matrix you just see the Detailed texture on top of the terrain but actually you see a merged texture , i think this is a good idea , try it man.

nadav and the hell puppys say goodbye
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 9th Feb 2010 07:42
yo yo yo
just saying hi
still on the road

my game idea is coming to an end\and the only thing left to do is to program it.

Blue VS Red - Online Multiplayer First Person Shooter, Coming soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 23:43:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 23:43:59