Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Assessment code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i'm new to the forum and i need some help with a code assessment for a high school quiz heres what i have to do

1)Comment my name(Which i did)

2)The user is asked by the computer to input the name of each character.each name is stored in an array

3)the x and z position of each character is randomly generated.x is stored in an array and z is stored in aqn array.Make sure the randomize function has been used

4)the user is then presented with a list of all charcters the user is asked by the computer to type in the name of a character

5)the program will search for the name in the array. once the name has been found the name,x and z are printed for that character

plz help me

Thank You
BCIT
Years of Service
User Offline
1st, don't expect the coders here to do the project for you. Be more specific with what you need help on.

If you are looking to store the names of say 5 characters then you will have to declare an array, for example: dim names$(5)

To input the name of each character you need to use the "input" command and loop through all 5 elements in your array. Here is sample code:

Declare an array to store the X values and an array to store the Z values. Loop through both arrays, generating and storing random numbers in your arrays.
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2010 00:29 Edited at: 27th Jan 2010 00:33
I'm going to guess that you're one of BCIT's students

First, TDKs tutorials would be a good place to start:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=99497&b=10

Look at:

Section 1

Numeric Variables
String Variables
Single Dimension Arrays

Section 2

For to next loops

In the code snippet below is a clue on how to do the first bit. Copy and paste it into the DBC editor and run it, follow then on screen instructions and have a play around with it.

Have fun.
Double B
Years of Service
User Offline
This may be a little off-subject, but I think I may be one of BCIT's students too! Ms. Miller, is that you?
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2010 21:16
You think you might be?

"With games, we create these elaborate worlds in our minds, and the computer is there to do the bookkeeping." - Will Wright

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:47:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:47:22