Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Camera Scaling?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

I am currently making a game in my spare time (as some of you will already know) and while everything is going good I have encountered a problem that will come into effect in the later stages that I would like to try and sort out now before it becomes a problem.

I need to scale down the entire world I have created, while this is not a problem with the models, objects and images that I have in the world the camera is.

Is there a way of scaling the camera like with the objects etc?

without doing something to the camera the world is simply to small to use, I have searched around the internet as well as the command lists and examples but I can not find anything that seems to do this.

Any advice on this would be great.

Many thanks
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2010 14:30
You can not scale the camera, because it hasn't got a size.

What makes you think what the size is, is the offset to the ground, and how fast it moves around in the level. So try moving the camera a lot slower, and distance it closer to the ground to make the level appear bigger.

TheComet

Make the paths of your enemies easier with WaypointPro!
Enlightened Gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the advice,

I have made changes to the speed and positioning and it has had the desired effect.

Many thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 18:44:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 18:44:50