Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sound Position

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 00:11 Edited at: 4th Feb 2010 00:12
I looked at the Dark GDK documentation already. It looks like the ability to position sounds is only available for 3D games. Is there anyway that I can position my sounds in 2D games? Is it a big deal for a 2D game to not have positioned sound?

I have a few more questions. I noticed, while looking through the Dark GDK header files, that there are some functions that are available for use, but have no documentation on them. Do you guys know if Dark GDK has released any other documentations? Are there any documentations that cover these functions?
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2010 04:25 Edited at: 4th Feb 2010 04:25
i think you can position sounds on 2d games also, because you can create a 3d world behind the sprites... so i think you could try and experiment with that. just ignore the Z position... put 0 ... dont know if it works but it might help

and the documentation part i dont know... i would like to see it too lol like for the updates and all that

hi
WH8
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. Thank you for the response. I would, however, still welcome anyone else who wishes to say something to make a post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 23:36:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 23:36:29