Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Export problems in FL studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2010 20:27 Edited at: 7th Feb 2010 20:27
Hey, So I've had FL studio for a while now, and Im love it.
But now, Im having a problem exporting.
I had imported a midi, made some changes and tried to export it, but the play time said it was 104 minutes and .
See, the midi had the same series of notes, which lasted about 2 or 3 minutes, looping for all that time.
So, I deleted all the notes after the 4:30 mark, and I got everything the way I wanted, an I tried to export. For some reason, it says the file is 104 minutes long.
I took another look, and even though there are NO notes after the 4:30 mark, the note bar stays stretched out all the way, like I had never deleted the extra notes.
What I mean is this:
You have a series of notes, and then and empty space, and then more notes. If you deleted the second series of notes, the piano roll preview area would snap back to the correct size to fit the remaining notes.
But even though I already deleted every note after the 4:30 mark, the piano roll preview doesn't snap back.

I believe that is why it is causing the exporter to say that its 104 minutes long. What I don't know is why the piano roll area doesn't snap back like it should, and why it just leaves all that empty space.

At first, I thought it was because it was a midi file. But then, I created new instruments, and copied the notes into them, and deleted the original midi instrument tracks. that should have broken any dependence on the midi file, so I dont know why its still doing this.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?
Or maybe, anybody know a way to tell the exporter to only export a certain section or length of the file?
Even if I cant fix the empty space in the piano roll, it should be easy to set a cut off length, to tell the exporter "Stop exporting at this point". But I cant find any way to change settings or anything like that.

Screenshot:

So what if I talk to myself? Its the only way i can have an intelligent conversation around here.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:47:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:47:19