Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Noob Tutorial

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello.
Im the noobest of this whole forum.
I just started with c++ and i want to learn much about the game programming.
I wanna ask to you pro guys, How did you learn c++?
I have alot of questions, and i want to learn it really bad.
So if you guys could tell me how you learn it, then i will try your ways to.
Thanks for reading this message i hope you can answer my question
Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 00:08 Edited at: 10th Feb 2010 00:08
I learned a variety of ways. Self taught, with the help of some great online C++ e-books. reading through tutorials at the MSDN website. gamedev.net is a good place to look as well. Aside from a lot of reading, and practice, and studying other peoples' source code: Trial and error to be honest.

if(enemy == Amnzero) runAway();
Amnzero->WebSite = L"http://neovance.com/";
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 00:26
It takes motivation and patience to learn C++. Patience for the butt-load of errors you will encounter trying to do stuff, and how irritable the compiler can be. The best way to learn is to know the mechanics of programming (logic), and the mechanics of C++ (keywords, types, control structures - if, while, for). Use Google to look up errors as you encounter them. Here is a great site to learn. Usually, C++ is not that hard to learn (the basics), it's more difficult to become familiar with the assortment of libraries that are used regularly. I think it would be a good idea to start making console programs first, since that's where I started. I remember the first program (other than "Hello World") that I made asked the user to input two numbers and added them together. Get the basics down, then start moving on to the more challenging stuff. It will take time and many Google searches though, but don't be intimidated.

Your_Health = (My_Mood == HAPPY) ? 100 : NULL;
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 09:43
buy a book, it makes everything much easier

and yeah awesome tutorial on cplusplus.com

Alahadi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 13:03
Game programming school but still a book and tutorials are better if you are as brain dead as me
binsky
Years of Service
User Offline
cprogramming.com, they have a load of c++ tutorials that are easy to understand.
Christopher Reeves
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2010 07:17
I recommend Sam's Teach Yourself C++ in 24 Hours.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 23:38:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 23:38:06