Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / The Elimination of Evil - al Qaeda first shooter demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2002 23:03
The demo level of The Elimination of Evil is complete and the download may be found at [url]http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-DeBron . Play it and let me know your thoughts
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 00:52
sorry, for some reason i could not open the page, i'll try again later, i have to see this game!

to live is to suffer, to survive, well, that's to find meaning in the suffering - DMX
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 03:37 Edited at: 11th Apr 2003 08:52
[edit-]

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Kohai of UWDesign
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 09:46
Please, leave Politics outside this free forum ...

[Kohai]
[url]www.underwaredesign.com[url] [url]kohaistyle.com[url]
pIII 733/256 Ram/Geforce 256
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 14:07
It's a program announcement, I guess it's ok.

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
TheOldOne
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 16:20
The mouse directions have been corrected. Strafing speed has been doubled. Thanks for the input!

Hmm ... terrorism a political party ... I'll have to think about that one.
Viktor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 18:11
AlQaida Terrorists are the baddies, but Americans are bad too, where is the difference between terrorizing the world using violence and terrorizing the world using money and violence?

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
...don't forget bombs! We love our bombs over here. Yee haw! I bug-bombed my house just to be patriotic.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 19:53 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:55
[edit-].

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 20:44
The UK army is as well trained as the US special ops team (what do you call them? Delta Force?), so imagine how good the SAS is!

This has "Fiasco" written all over it.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2002 20:47 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:56
[edit-]..

Viktor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 01:28
...And beware of terrorists who use DB to code a terror game where you try to hit some buildings with you plane...
I agree with Raven Vegeta, no American (Okay, true Americans are the Indians, so lets say: nearly American) soldiers are directly on the battlefield. They take control over a remote controled murdering machines, give orders to UK and German soldiers, but from secure seat in a aircraft carrier.

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 01:47
ya... and bombing Canadian soldiers...
anyway, insensitive? I was going to agree but then I thought, hmm... how many FPS or other games focus on the player vs some sort of terrorist groupt. Thats ok but not one about a terrorist group that exists? Same concept, but the terrorists have a name that means something too us. I don't think it's insensitive, as long as it isn't racist or extreme hate type stuff. Of course I haven't played the game yet.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 02:37 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:56
[edit-]...

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 05:47
i sure wish i can go Super-Saiyan right now ... i dun really like wars & violence & all those nonsense ...

also i sure wish that superheroes really do exist to stop all these incidents ...

Snake? What happened?
Snake?
Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2002 06:55 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:56
[edit-]....

Sync
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2002 18:58
Viktor: magyar vagy?

Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2002 17:40
You know, Raven, you seem to be British/English/a Briton/whatever, and if you dislike the United States so much, mayhaps you should change your location to somewhere else.

-Ya know how much I hate 'Stack Overload Error's?-
Thhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiisssssssssssss muuuuuuuuccchhh!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 05:31
-AlQaida Terrorists are the baddies, but Americans are bad too, where is the difference between terrorizing the world using violence and terrorizing the world using money and violence?

Being proud of it

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 12:17
Yeah, americans are also up them selves and war mad. But there are some sensible ones in this forum I see...

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 21:31
"Hehee... ya i know how good our boys are."

Statistically, for every 100 British soldiers that get killed, 1 SAS guy gets wounded. But obviously that fact doesn't take into account many things.

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 21:33
Oh and it is a typical thing to stick US soldiers in places where they never were in games.

On the Medal of Honor poster there are US GIs holding weapons. This is in fact a doctored picture where British soldiers were holding the weapons. However they forgot a tiny little detail - the weapons were Lee-Enfield rifles which only British tommies had

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 21:37
Hmm... I get a FAILED TO LOAD SOUND ON LINE 336 error.

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Those rifles are sweet. As is the British 303 used in RTCW along with the mouser for sniping.

Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2002 23:22
i get that msg too it says runtime error 3002 failed to load sound at line 336 are we s'posed to unzip it to a specific location?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 10:20 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:57
[edit-].....

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 12:26
I think the americans just like to excite themseleves by talking about aving a war and stuff

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 12:27
*having

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 17:07
What about the error in the game?????????
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2002 18:37 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:57
[edit-]......

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Go Raven! Just don't get in the way of the profits of the oil and chemical companies that own our president or y'all gonna get bombed. And don't misunderestimate his strategery.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 16:34 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:58
[edit-].......

Ben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2002 18:46
what folder did u unzipit to?
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2003 01:15
yeah...im in france so im ok

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2003 17:51 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:59
[edit-].........

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2003 20:10
that WHAT of the world? explain pleeeaase

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2003 20:11
have u seen the masked coder recently?

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 10:37 Edited at: 17th Apr 2003 04:58
[edit-]........

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2003 23:08
hmm...

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Drunken Fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 01:41
I'm an American and 2 small things to (mostly) Raven's long post (rant)...

1) WOW!!??

2) You don't know anything about Americans. You only know what is on the American news, and most Americans think our news is BS too. I (and most Americans) don't want to see huge gas hog SUVs or the wars over the fuel for them.

Please say all you want about our f**ked up government, legal system, media, etc. We hate it as much as you do sometimes, but please get to know some 'average' Americans before you judge the people. Know the difference.

Is it just me or is every post Raven makes offensive?
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 04:01
Conflictesert Storm...

lol

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 04:03
Re: 'Is it just me or is every post Raven makes offensive?'

Actually he knows what hes talking about in some areas when 3d and coding are concerned - but yeah he's not afraid to say what he thinks

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 16:39
I dont mean that EVERY american is crazy...just the ppl who support bush..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 16:43
If you look at the actual stats, very few people actually voted Bush in in the first place

vivi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 17:48
Well you think Bush is bad look at Tony Blair geez talk about but kissing.........he is like a dog at Bushes feet

WHY WAIT FOR GAMES.......MAKE THEM COME TO YOU
>>>>www.sharksoft.scripterz.com<<<<<
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 22:37
I know. i hate them both

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 23:39
In Germany Bush has been compared with Adolf Hitler by some people.
I don't think that's right...how can you compare the greatest leader of all times with this texan sausage.
(that was only a joke; I'm not a nazi and I don't inspire, support or protect nazis)

"If you can't make it good
make it look good."
Bill Gates
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 01:57
i think that bush IS a texan sausage too

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
D Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2003 02:24
Here is exactly what I think about the USA.
(currently only in german)

http://mitglied.lycos.de/dman01/jenseits/Jenseits.txt

When you read it please read carefully.
I don't want to attack the people in America and I don't think that the terror of september 11th was good.

"If you can't make it good
make it look good."
Bill Gates
Ole Sparky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2003 01:31
I, as an American, would LOVE to reply to a number of the statements made (mostly by Raven) in this thread, so here goes:

"In this day and age what the hell do we need titles like America's Army Online spouting off about the army?
Why do we need so many War Games which as has been noted they place US soldiers where US soldiers NEVER were!
What gives Hollywood and otheraspect of the media the right to make out that its a nation of patriotic heros??"

-A.The reason that so many video games and movies have Americans as heroes is because a majority of them (games w/ US heroes) are made by American designers.

-B.And exactly what games put US soldiers in places they weren't?

"Oh and i'd suggest using the SaS or British Soldiers, because the Actual US troops (funnily enough) were never used on the frontline, and still arn't. Mostly British and Canadian Troops, our troops cause we know the terrain"

and

"God i swear did anyone read in the paper last monday about the FIRST US solider to be killed in Afghanistan... geez, that stuff makes me sick."

-A. Our troops ARE used on the frontline in Afhganistan, maybe less of them have gotten killed because THEY'RE better trained than your UK and Canadian armies.

-B.The UK Army knows the terrain because the UK/Britain/Great Britain/England/Whatever The ---- Your Name Is had a bunch of colonies down there where the UK governments brutally suppressed revolt and kept an iron grip on the region for 50 years.

"They were backed out a little when the US killed some of them thou ... you'd think they'd let everyone know they're about to bomb somewhere, but no the troops were suppose to be bloody psychic!"

-The reason our aircraft dropped a bomb on the Canadians without telling them was because the CANADIANS were conducting an UNANNOUNCED training exercise using live ammunition, and the two US pilots thought they were under attack.

"you wanna make an accurate Gulf war game with US soldiers, keep them on the quiet boarders of Kuit with very little action if any!"

-Yeah, there was no action during the previous three weeks with US warplanes bombing the crap out of Iraqi targets so they wouldn't kill the UK and and other coalition members' troops during the ground war. No, sir! [/sarcasm]

"I'm not sure what is worse, the Terrorists themselves or the people saying they're there to bring down them"

-Gee, that's a tough one, Raven... who's worse, people that clear out a terrorist organization that kept an entire country in a stranglehold for ten years, or people that fly jumbo jets filled with passengers into buildings and kill over 3,000 civilians? Tough one. [/sarcasm again]

"the states should learn you poke even a friendly dog for too long it'll turn around and try to ripp ya hang off - they decided to provoke an already insane rottweiler i mean what exactly did they expect, for them to roll over and play dead?"

-England and France should learn that if you let a friendly dog take whatever it wants for too long because you're scared of war, the friendly dog will turn around and want YOU.

"because of how ya'll treat people, especially foreigners."

-Many foreigners have said that they've been openly insulted in Britain and France, especially France, and occasionally in Germany JUST for being American.

"well thats my point here... the fact that Alqedia is being used is just an excuse for a "hate" game.
I've heard of so many of these so-called "anti-terrorism" games recently about the Alqedia or Taliban, etc - they're not the only terrorist and to be quite honest its only very recently they've had such devastaing attacks ...
the Basque Sepratists have been killing, injuring people and blowing things up for as long as i can recall, but there are no anti-terror games about them!!
Just as the IRA have done... also non of them are ever in anti-terror games."

-So, your logic is that if you make a game about one kind of terrorist organization, you need to make a game about all other ones? If you made a game featuring the IRA, which side would the player be on? The English, which refuse to recognize Ireland as a separate country and have in the past massacered suspected IRA members and their families? Or the IRA, which blows up civilian structures and has shootouts in the streets of Dublin with the occuping English? Really, which side would be the 'good one'?
Or if you made a game about World War II, wouldn't you need to also make one about that Zanzibar revolution back in the late 19th century which lasted 38 minutes?

A few other points:

-All Caucasian Americans are descended from Europeans, mostly BRITISH ones.

-Most African Americans are decended from the Africans that the BRITISH colonists brought over in the cramped holds of ships from their homeland to work in the fields, picking various crops to be shipped back to England so that all the Dukes and Earls and the Royal Family, and none of the common people, could live in luxury.

-The Americans won (meaning made the British stop fighting) two wars with England in forty years (Revolutionary War and War of 1812), admittly with French and Prussian/German help, but mostly with US soldiers.

-Most historians, American AND BRITISH AND FRENCH AND EVEN GERMAN agree that if America had never been drawn into World War II, Britain would have been invaded, and the war would have been lost.

-It's an old but valid point: America gives foreign aid to many impovershed countries around the world.

-One last thing: I, an American, bother to spell correctly and capitalize; you, an Englishman, do not.

And now, a few things I must thank Europe for:

-Thank you, England and France for not recognizing the Confederacy as a country during the American Civil War.

-Thank you, France and Germany, for supplying strategy and mercenaries to us during the Revolutionary War.

-Thank you, England, for that wonderful, wonderful company called Rare.

-Thank you, France, for that wonderful, wonderful bread.

-Thank you, Germany, for your wonderful, wonderful cars.

That was a REALLY long post, wasn't it?

-Ya know how much I hate 'Stack Overload Error's?-
Thhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiisssssssssssss muuuuuuuuccchhh!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:24:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:24:42