Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Minimising the Window/Restarting the Program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, Im trying to create a program that launches other applications, and i want it to reopen after the launched application closes. Either that or minimise when an app is launched from it and then maximise again when that app is closed. Is there a way to do this from within darkGDK ? or will i have to use an external library ?
Pilz X Schizo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2010 18:32
You can use dbExecuteFile() to launch another file/program, though not really sure how you would get focus back to your program once the other one has finished. If the other program that your trying to run is also something you made then you could make a "dummy" file when you execute the other program and then when you close that program you could delete it then just have your original program check to see if the dummy file exists to maximize the window again. Someone else may have a better solution to regain focus but that would be my first guess at one.
Ninjateck
Years of Service
User Offline
If this isnt possible, is it possible to open another window on top of my GDK window that dosent interfere with it ?
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
What you want is perfectly doable... Checkout the FindWindow() function of the WIN32-API...

JTK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:36:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:36:38