Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need Help with getting DarkGDK projects to compile

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 01:51
Hey there I'm just installing DarkGDK for my C++.

When I try to debug Dark GDK - 2D Game to test if DarkGDK has installed correctly, it says that atls.lib is missing. However, when I ignore atls.lib it gives me this

1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
1>LINK : warning LNK4031: no subsystem specified; CONSOLE assumed
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
1>C:\Users\Adrian\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Dark GDK\Dark GDK - 2D Game\Debug\Dark GDK - 2D Game.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

And when I ignore MSVCRT.lib along with atls.lib it gives me this

1>LINK : warning LNK4031: no subsystem specified; CONSOLE assumed
1>LIBCMT.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _main referenced in function ___tmainCRTStartup
1>C:\Users\Adrian\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Dark GDK\Dark GDK - 2D Game\Debug\Dark GDK - 2D Game.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Then if I set the subsystem to Windows, it says that the Dark GDK - 2D Game.exe cannot be found or does not match.

I did everything for the installation...all the Wizard files are there it just won't compile. From what I have read on the forums ignoring any libraries doesn't seem to fix it and the paths I doubled and triple checked, unless for some reason it's taking the project from the original DarkGDK folder and not the one in VS2008.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Bit SP1.
I also installed the 7.3 update...I unpacked the folders and what not before assigning the directories so yeah I have no idea how to fix any of this heh. So yeah hopefully I can get some help.
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 09:39
hehe dont double post... as i said ignore both atls.lib and libcmt.lib dont double post

hi
SubArtic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2010 23:21
I also have LIBCMT ignored...but it still won't compile.
healer2000
Years of Service
User Offline
I assume you are using Visual C++2008 Express.
If you have installed DarkGDK correctly, when you create a
new project, you should see the DarkGDK Wizard.
Use the Wizard and select DarkGDK - Game.

When I tried to create a new project without using the Wizard, I also get the errors described above.

Using the wizard solved the problem for me.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:23:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:23:40