Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Compatibility Question for visual c++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 04:29
I have been using GarkGDK for 3 years now and all i can say is it is awsome!! anyways i post this thread cuz of 3 reasons first off i am totally bored, so i start thinking of things to make with DarkGDK and also lookup new stuff, 2 i love developing in c++ lol and 3 im kinda worried about my hobbies. I recently found Visual Studio C++ Express 2010 and was very curious of the possibility of it NOT being compatible with Dark GDK. So i decided lets ask the big guys for a little Q and A lol so i ask you this, if i was to get VC++ 2010 would i still be able to use DarkGDK???
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 07:29
i'm not sure, but i think some guys tried and didnt succeed

gunner916
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 02:46
well its still beta 2 so i have not decided to try i figured most of the compatibility has yet to be finished or perfected. I wonder if Dark GDK will come out with an installer for 2010 as well as the one for 2008 i would assume that the difference between the 2 will not be to big that it would not be compatible but i guess we will see if a moderator gives us any info or if microsoft releases anything about it.
Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I tried. There is a few kinks. Im sure that if the guys at TGC took the time to update the code, and recompile the libs with a newer version of VC++ it might be possible. There is a compatibility problem between the new Windows libs which are used by VC 2010, and the old Direct X that the GDK is dependent on. So no dice untill someone can figure out how to set up a project that will compile using the old windows libs...

[url="http://neovance.com/"][/url]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:26:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:26:30