Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Lighting

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,
I'm trying to light a scene. I've read the Dark GDK documentation and tried every single lighting command listed there. The only command that does anything is 'dbSetAmbientLight' and that doesn't apply light uniformly i.e. some objects in the scene receive more light than others. Any ideas you have at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Aonghus
P.S. I've attached a picture of the scene as it is currently lit by the 'dbSetAmbientLight' command

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 18:39
try dbSetObjectSpecular () to control the light recieved by the object

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2010 21:21
I find it useful to delete the default light and turn ambient light down really low(or 0), that way you can start from scratch(darkness) and see exactly what all your commands are doing.

aongalmighty
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help but I still see no light. I've created a light and positioned it at the same position as the camera and I've rotated it 360 degrees around each axis. I've made sure it's active and I've also tried using 'dbShowLight'. I've also made sure it's a spot light so the 'dbRotateLight' command should work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:28:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:28:32