Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Lockball demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 23:26 Edited at: 12th Sep 2003 23:58
I've finally got something (maybe) worth sharing with everyone .

Here's a demo of 'Lockball'! It's loosely based on a super little on-line java (or flash?) game called 'keyball', but hopefully I'll be able to improve on the physics, and add other options/gameplay features.

Okay, it's not a graphical masterpiece (go to the original if you want graphics), but I'm a programmer, not a graphics artist (advanced warning to all modellers out there when I finally want to make a 'big' game ). I should have better graphics in the complete version. I also apologise for putting in a huge source code, but I have no web-site as such to allow downloads (yet).

It's a two player game, 2-minutes playing time. It's quite easy to pick up, so I won't bother explaining.
Controls:
Player 1: left:s, accelerate:d, right:f, decelerate/reverse:x
Player 2: arrow keys

There are a few amusing bugs there (I'll sort them out soon), nothing that should take anything away from the gameplay hopefully. This is my first game in DB, so I hope there are some forgiving views from the more experienced folk. I should be back with a more complete game soon. Hope somebody likes it!
Gu re gu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 00:58
Hey that's kinda funky ... good work. A little difficult to control at times though.

Daih thel phae 'e, clann 'e phaen
Blame it on INSANITY!
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 01:11
Pretty good. Just add a few more balls and you've got a snooker game!

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
ifman1
Years of Service
User Offline
Your Physics seem pretty good! How about keeping the aim arrow constantly visible... that would take a little of the frustration out. And maybe later making it so you cannot cross a certain point on the board, like halfway or 3/4 of the way (that would give an overlapping middle ground full of havoc, pure and beautiful chaos, MU-HA-HA-HA-HA).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:27:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:27:30