Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics Character Controllers Jumping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, I just have some real quick questions about the character controllers and jumping. I searched around the forums and havnt found anything that has really helped me. I made up my own little jumping code, and also barrowed a couple of things from sparkys collision FPS character program.

CODE:

Now basically my problem is i just cant get jumping to work... First of all my first problem is detecting whether the character controller and the ground are colliding. I tried using ray casting, but it didn't work well. Then i tried using darkgdks collision functions, but that always returns 1 no matter if the object is in the air or not. So that's my first problem. Then after that, the controller jumps in the air, but then gets stuck at the tops and just keeps on trying to go up. Basically i cant get it to work so that if you only press the space key once, it only jumps once. Im going to guess this is a timing issue.

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!
binsky
Years of Service
User Offline
This thread can be closed, i fixed all my problems.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 17:35
Quote: "This thread can be closed, i fixed all my problems."

How?

A good game designer can make all the diff-erence in the world mister freeman
binsky
Years of Service
User Offline
I kinda stopped using DarkPhysics, but here was my code.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2010 03:26
You didn't need to use Dark GDK (unless you were using it anyway), because I found a simple way to make a character controlling system, using only raycasting. It should work perfectly (in theory) but since I haven't been able to get the DarkPhysics phy ray cast all shapes command to work I haven't tested it. Still, here is the code (note that it may not be wuite correct as I don't really remember the DP raycasting commands):

Anyway it is only in theory that that should work. I do need another raycaster, though.

Clonkex

Making games is easy.....finishing them is a different matter.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:19:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:19:24