Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2010) works with darkgdk 7.4 Learn How

Author
User Banned
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 17:39 Edited at: 10th Mar 2010 18:05
ok , this is not completly tested yet , as i do not have any projects to test with just the simple 3D game wizard.

all of my projects had to go away and fly in the air to imagine land where peter pen lives together with wendy some kids a dwarf and a lepricon , well i dont know nothing about that lepricon so dont ask me ...

nvm ,
so i followed the tut about making a dummy lib for directplay as DarkGDK still uses it for some unknown reason while Microsoft dont use it anymore with DirectxSdk again for some reason i have no clue.

this is what i did :
first , kill and destroy all old DirectX SDK (uninstall is required i belive so , as its a Enviorment Varibale bla bla bal )

install the latest Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2010).

and debug or something , you shall get this error :
[/code] 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dxerr9.lib' [code]

now , i searched for it but couldnt find it , thats becouse the new name of the same library (updated ofcourse) is found where it needs to be here :
c:\Program Files\ Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2010)\lib

**** windows 64 bit , in my case using 64 bit i have both lib\64 or lib\86 it found here and there but nevermind that if you have 64 bit you should know that ***

so the dxERR9.lib is there , can you find it ?
well look for dxERR.lib without the 9
copy and paste it again in the same library but rename the new copy into dxERR9.lib.

that should do that .
now when you debug you should get some more errors
these errors are regarding "DirectPlay" which is no where to be found in the latest directx but is connected to DarkGDK , what you need to do now is to create a Dummy Multiplayer.lib and replace it where DarkGDK\Lib\VS9 is found , to do this follow these instruction
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149737&b=22

after you have done this , you are good to go
you will expriance better frame rates thats for sure
but you might have some bugs and some warnings but other then that it works , i'll be building a new project from scratch
and i'll post if something isnt working.

ty , nadav.

EDIT: i will check the samples that comes with DARKGDK and see if everything works plus i'll post the fps regarding each sample , too bad i didnt think of it before and checked it with AUG 07 SDK.

EDIT: Camera sample Works (and running fast!)
Dark Dungeon dosent work and take a lot of time to load...
Example 1 works.
FX sample work smooth.
ImageShowCase runs and runs and runs very fast as it should.
Lights sample runs good
L-type runs good
Matrix Works good
Particle Works good.
Road Terrain Works Good!
Sphere mapping is just beutiful and woorks good.
SpriteShowCase works though it seems to be a bit laggy but
runs on 60 fps
Terrain works.
World gave me an error of somekind regarding DLLS , but
actually works goood.

ok , all ran fast with a 60 fps limit , i dont remmber on how to change it , but it ran on max fps.

so beside 2 errors including the error i got in the World Sample but it did work and worked fine.
i guess its a good thing to try the latest directx as it includes bug fixes and optimasations for all kind of things not mentioning 3rd party libraries that maybe was built on later directx then aug 07 , so you guys can try it. have fun.
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2010 00:29
Glad you are back

hi

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:25:34
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:25:34