Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / [LightPlugins] Anybody in the mood for some free source code?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 18:43
Hi all, I'm back (yep, I didn't die yet, fortunately).

Today I was taking a look at the plugins I've made and decided I should open their source code. I've never been much of an "open source" guy, but I'm really not going to update them anytime soon (if ever), so now anyone may see how I made them. I'm making them all available for any kind of use, even commercial, I just ask for Attribution. The source code is available but the copyright remains.

LightInput (XInput plugin) and LightText (AdvancedText plugin) are simply wrappers, not much logic involved, but LightPackage has some nice code in it, maybe some 100 LoC may not follow 100% the .NET conventions and guidelines, but hey! I didn't use FxCop at this time, it was 100% "man-code" :-P

Here they are:
http://www.kbessa.net/Src/LightInput_Source.zip
http://www.kbessa.net/Src/LightText_Source.zip
http://www.kbessa.net/Src/LightPackage_Source.zip
http://www.kbessa.net/Src/LightPackager_Source.zip (This is the tool that comes with the LightPackage for packing things together).

The first two require SlimDX. I have custom compiled version that requires only DirectX August 2007 runtime (same as DGDK), just download the original zip on my website, they do come with it. They also include C# and VB.NET samples.

I think that's all for now, any comments are much appreciated.

BR,
Thiago

[center][center]
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2010 19:14
I will install GDK.NET again (has most been playing with C++) and try to see your packages

Niels Henriksen
www.tales-of-the-realms.com
if Microsoft can sell software with bugs, so can I.
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2010 06:19
Hey Niels, thanks for the reply!

Just to let everyone know about it, with this release I'm not saying I won't ever release anything DGDK related, I'm actually working on new plugins. But I'm not talking about them right now

If anyone have any questions about these packs, just ask! I will try to answer all of them as fast as I can!

[center][center]
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you explain exactly what these libraries do?

kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 15:37
Hi Mistrel, let me try...

LightInput - This is a XInput plugin, to get full support for the XBox 360 controller.

LightText - Simply a wrapper to DirectX's Font object, it gives more freedom and is faster than DGDK's own Text Commands, also allowing more formating of the text.

LightPackage - It allows you to create a BIG file, compressed, with all your content inside, and gives you methods to easily load them in DGDK.

Br,
Thiago

[center][center]
StartCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
@kBessa,

I like the LightText plugin. Only do i have to include the SlimDX install with my project?

Becuase then i would have to send to the end users:

- DarkGDK.NET Redistributable 16MB
- SlimDX Redistributable 10-12MB
- And the end user will need DirectX 2007 version. ???
- my game 10-15MB

End end user sould not install this much, they will not play the game.

I will be waiting for ur reply, Thanx in advance.
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 19:46
AFAIK, just including the SlimDX.dll will be enough.

If using the SlimDX version from my website, you need DirectX August 2007, IIRC, the same one DGDK.NET asks for.

I have WinXP installed on my macbook, but I don't remember right now if I ever installed any game programming tools in it. I'll check that out later, as I could just check what will I need to install to get LightText working.

[center][center]
StartCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
if its only SlimDX.dll then it would be perfect! i will test this later on.

Thank you, you are a good person. Always Helpfull replys(Y)
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2010 03:25
But are you sure I'm really a good person?
LOL, just kidding.

I'll try to help as much as I can, so if anything bothers you (specially about the plugins I make), just ask!

[center][center]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:07:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:07:56