Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / creating a shoot 'em up, problems with enemy shooting + a few minor 3d problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i have created a shoot 'em up with dark GDK and i am almost done. But in my game, there is one big flaw and that is the enemy shooting. it may have something to do with my computer(i got a fujitsu siemens t4220).that shoot 'em up should resemble the japanese hardcore shoot 'em ups, and that means that there are a lot of enemyshots and there lies the problem. i created these shots with dbSprite. and if i have about 150 to 200 sprites, the game runs at about 30 fps and it should run at 60 fps. my notebookhas even problems with playing two animated sprites simultanously. i delete all the sprites that are out of screen so they should not take any resources.

i found out if i lower my fps in the game, it has less slowdowns, because i think the computer has more time to draw those sprites.

it seems that if i use dbCLS() the game runs also a bit more fluently but so far i can't use it because it will remove any kind of 3d in my game and i set it before anything is drawn to the screen.

is there any more efficient way to do these kind of games?

my other problems are the 3d object. whenever i create a new 3d object with dbLoadObject or dbCloneObject, my camera repositions itself a little bit and the view is also shifted. the same thing happens if my 3d object can be seen on the screen.

is there any way to avoid this?
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "my other problems are the 3d object. whenever i create a new 3d object with dbLoadObject or dbCloneObject, my camera repositions itself a little bit and the view is also shifted. the same thing happens if my 3d object can be seen on the screen.
"

Not sure, but you might want to put dbAutoCamOff() towards the beginning of your program.
xbruceleex
Years of Service
User Offline
thx for your help. now the only problems are the huge number of sprites.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:24:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:24:49