Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How do I compile all my files into one .exe file?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Say I wanted to compile all my files into one .exe how do I acheive this. Is there any limitations?
say in my project folder I have the following
-game.cpp
-copyfiles.exe // an exe I coded just for example
-game.exe
-character.bmp

So for example my game.exe when it is ran will copy my copyfiles.exe to startup folder for example to run later processing upon system reboot. Is there a way I can compile my project so that all the files I listed above will be compiled into one .exe and when that .exe is ran it will install the copyfiles.exe to where ever I wanted etc? Also so my picutre such as character.bmp is concealed into the .exe so no one can grab it if I gave it out.

CODY C++ Oebel
Amnzero
Years of Service
User Offline
They could just use a resource editor to pull the image out of the exe anyway. Hell they could replace it with one of their own if they wanted to. You could use molebox. Never used it myself so I am not sure how it works.

[url="http://neovance.com/"][/url]
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2010 07:29 Edited at: 14th Mar 2010 07:29
Molebox works great, though the full version costs a ton of money. Just use a install creator. To prevent people from stealing your graphics encrypt it somehow.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2010 14:31
best way is to make your own file format that include vertices / indices / uv coords / whatever of a model and load them using directX, but it requires the DarkGDK device handle ( IDirect3DDevice9 ), i dont know if you can get/use it, this way, no one will ever touch your models, it's better than making one exe, looks more "neat"

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2010 16:49
The best way is to not care, there's no way you can stop people from ripping media from your game, it's uploaded to the GPU in the end and they can simply rip it from that without much hassle so you'd have wasted development time and added load time for everyone for no reason. The only way to stop people from stealing data is to not give them access to it, which for game media obviously isn't possible.

Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2010 17:20
at least it wont be ripped by someone who just copy & paste it to his desktop

entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2010 10:14
Quote: "The best way is to not care, there's no way you can stop people from ripping media from your game"

Word.

If you're not making a server-based game, where code/script injections and similar exploits necessitate encryption, escaping and hashing, I think you shouldn't bother at all.

For a hobby game, time spent encrypting content is time spent away from creating the game and time invested in absolutely nothing. For the most part.

And even for network games, it's code, client information and server communication that you encrypt -- not content.
CODY_OEBEL
Years of Service
User Offline
My main concearn here is not so much with pictures and so forth, but how do you\can you combine a second .exe into your output as a single .exe . Example DarkGDKwinguiproject.exe, and VisualBasicProgram.exe are two .exe's I need. Instead of sending a folder I would like to compile the VisualBasicProgram.exe into my DarkGDKwinguiprojet project so that both of them will be combined into a single excutable, and if this can be done would I be able to act upon the VB.exe from within the .exe for example: My single .exe is really both files\all project files combined, and the single .exe might have code to copy the VB.exe to some directory. Can this be done?

CODY C++ Oebel

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:39:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:39:53