Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / GUI/Menu Title Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Though I am not new to coding, I am new to making a GUI and most visual things. Does anybody know where to find a good tutorial, or could somebody give some examples or help me with some tips on where to start with a GUI and/or title screen? Just thinking of a simple click and place, or click/drag and place at the moment. Something like Warcraft/Star Craft.

I am also using Dark GDK at the moment. C++
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2010 04:35
This is for DB Classic/Pro, but it might give you some ideas:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106004&b=10&p=0

TDK

Muddledde
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh TDK! Thank you for the tutorial! I've seen some of your other tutorials, and they have been very helpful so far. Is there an easy way to find your tutorials? There might be but I haven't searched very well for them.

I was also curious about how to change the pointer. And I have been trying to display the keyboard characters so I can then use them in different functions, but I can't seem to get them to display correctly. I would display my code but I am at school and forgot to grab my program this morning. :-|
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2010 01:40
@ TDK - cant find your DarkSprites project on the forums - is it going 'public' on the DBPro site or something?

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2010 15:58
Quote: "Is there an easy way to find your tutorials? "

They are all in the very first thread on the DarkBasic Discussion board.

Quote: "I was also curious about how to change the pointer. And I have been trying to display the keyboard characters"

Sorry - can't help there as I don't use Dark GDK. Try asking on the Dark GDK board.

Quote: "TDK - cant find your DarkSprites project on the forums"

I've responded to the thread on the 2D All The Way board.

TDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:16:11
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:16:11