Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3ds load error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
alright so i created a 3ds model(an untextured cube) and attempted to load the file in dgdk with dbLoadObject and something weird happended. it compiled fine but when it reached the load command it stoped running and a message reading "error unchecked" and a list of ram locations appeared. and yes i am very sure that it is in the right folder there are other .x models in the same folder that do load. ive searched the forums and found that other people have had this problem but it ONLY occurs on windows vista or W7 (i am running W7) i've also noticed that so far no one has been able to resolve this is it possible that dGDK cannot open .3ds files on on newer os's like vist or W7?
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are sure that this is a bug, please post it in the bug reports thread, otherwise it won't get corrected. Attach the project and the model to the post.

If you want, you can post the model here as well and I can try if it loads on my machine.
Grenadiac111
Years of Service
User Offline
From what ive read there only seems to be a problem when the user is running a vista or w7 computer and ive read several threads where people have already reported it as a bug. Ive included the file in the attatchment it should be an untextured cube.
the project is just the dbLoadObject command in the main function and dbControlCameraUsingArrowKeys in the main loop.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
I have Vista 32 bit and Dark GDK version 7.3. The object loads fine, both in debug and release mode. The only strange thing is that it cannot decide the colour: I run the program once and the cube is black, next time it is red. But it loads. Anyway, I see that there is already a bug report for this, for Dark GDK 7.4 version.
Grenadiac111
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah i believe that i have Windows 7 64bit. i made the cube's selction color purple when i made it in max but i didn't actualy color it thats probably why its changing colors. maby i have an older version of DGDK?
Thanks for taking the time to check the model.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:20:57
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:20:57