Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / About lines and such

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello once again, i was just wondering is there a way to make lines in 3d world, the command "line x1,y1,x2,y2" closes few visions in my mind, how about handling area between 2 pixels? Also, what if i want to create a polygons inside 3-x lines? Is it even possible with basic language? Feeling like, maybe i should start reading c/c++ after all.

Please give me a hit if you know any good tutorials in these things.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 02:30
Pixels don't even exist in 3D, so no, there isn't a 3D line command.

You can however, create a box and set it's size so it looks like a line. Or create a plain and texture it with a line.

The problem is that you've not explained what you are trying to do, so it's very difficult to suggest the best way to go about it.

Quote: "maybe i should start reading c/c++ after all"

It would still be no different. But instead of wasting an hour trying, you'd probably waste 6 months. You can't do any more in 3D with C++ than you can in DB and it will take you a lot longer finding out.

TDK

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 14:25
You can draw a line in 2d from two 3d points in space converted to 2d so it looks like a 3d line, but the problem with that is that the line will draw over everything else...

TheComet

Link102
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2010 15:58
Quote: "You can't do any more in 3D with C++"

That's false Think about boned animation and shaders, but I know you meant converting 3d points to 2d pixel data and the such.

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The problem is that you've not explained what you are trying to do, so it's very difficult to suggest the best way to go about it."

Enjoy your day.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:32:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:32:10