Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / #include <string> Linker Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have searched through these forums and haven't been able to find why I am having trouble including string into my project.

Here is the errors that I'm getting:

In my project properties I am ignoring some libraries: libcmtd,msvcrt,atls

Now when I delete libcmtd which is what the linker error is complaining about, I get some other linker errors which is why I ignored it in the first place. So what exactly else do I need to change in my project settings?
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Whenever you want to include a standard library:

"Project Properties" -> "Configuration Properties" -> "C/C++" -> "Code Generation"
and for "Runtime Library" change multi-threaded debug (MTd) to just Mt.
Poof Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow. Thanks a lot Mireben that fixed it. I figured it was going to just one simple option but I have never come across this before.I have included string plenty of times in other projects. Is that just something with Dark GDk?
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
To be honest I've never tried to fully understand the reason. A quick forum search throws up a few threads which say it's due to how Dark GDK is linked but I'm not sure. Just treat it as an unfortunate default setting. This question comes up time and again on the forum since the problem is not evident to fix.
Poof Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay cool. well thanks again for your help.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:20:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:20:39