Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2010 00:59
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is in the right section, but here goes.

I'm not entirely sure how to go about rigging a player model and putting it into the engine to use. I mean, I have a model to play around with in 3D Max. But i'm not sure how to rig it up and use it as a player in darkbasic.

Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction..

Cheers - Tom

www.monsterwareltd.co.uk <--Visit today

Software, Games, Themes, Hosting, Wallpapers and more to come!
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure if you posted on the correct forum either .
Are you using Dark Physics or want to implement character movement in general?

Easiest way in Dark Physics is to have a physics "character controller" that you hide and position your model on the character controllers coordinates.

If you don't need physics, use Cloggys collision plugin (http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=74762&b=5 it has some very nice example code) the method is similar here, you hide the object used for environment collisions and position a model on it's coordinates.

Forget about the model for a while and look in to the character movement code first, just get a box or sphere moving and interacting with some other boxes or a plane as a floor, then when you have it working add the model and animations.

Regards

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 13:46:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 13:46:24