Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Exporting objects with materials & textures from 3dMax to Dark GDK via Pandasoft

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using Windows 7 64 bit and the 64 bit version of 3dMax 2009. I downloaded the correct version of Pandasoft.

I can't get anything but a white, untextured, material-less object by using the Pandasoft interface. Nothing I set there exports the textures to the directory where it exports the .x files.

I did eventually get the textures to work by using 3dMax's "Rendering -> Render to Texture" feature, which correctly exports a texture image file.

Then I use these lines in my program:

And the object appears, complete with texture. Seems like there should be a better way though... there are all those options in the Pandasoft exporter for textures and materials and none of them, as far as I can tell, do a thing.

But I still can't get materials to export properly at all. Simple, raw textures and colors are the best I am able to do -- reflections, transparency, and so on just aren't working.

Any ideas? I'm fairly good with C++, but extremely new to 3d modeling. There's probably something I'm overlooking.

As an aside, has anybody written importers to get DirectX to import Max files as-is? Without converting them to .x? A library along those lines would be nice. Just thought of that...
Merak Spielman
Years of Service
User Offline
You know, nevermind, I can't get the textures to work right at all. When I do the "Render to Texture" feature, it seems to give me a good texture file. But I can't figure out how to scale it properly to the object. It just paints the object with a billion tiny little copies of the texture.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:40:44
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:40:44