Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 2Dplatformer problem with tile pasting blinks\flashes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I used the code for moving tiles through a 2d array, and the elements which define the placement of such tiles. It's all working absolutely great but for the fact that the tiles blink\flash as my player object moves forwards or backards. I have a background picture which is not a tile nor does it move, and am loading grass tiles and pebble tiles ect.. for the ground, and these are the only tiles being used. The problem is that they flash\blink as my player object moves. The alpha color for the tile is transparent, but because of the gdk loop cycling you can see the full tile a bit. Does anyone know a solution around this?

CODY C++ Oebel
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 21st Mar 2010 16:37
can you give us a screenshot about the alpha?

but you should probably use a boolean condition or something if i got it right ..
CODY_OEBEL
Years of Service
User Offline
I can try to capture a screen shot of it flashing let me do that and post back. The alpha is set as 255,0,255 if I remember correctly. The color PINK basically pulled from the attributes in mspaint.

CODY C++ Oebel

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 01:35:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 01:35:46