Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Fast Yahoo Email Inbox Account viewer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 01:13
Hi everyone.

I have a few releases planned that are written in dbpro to come out soon. This one has been done in Delphi 7 and i wanted to announce it somewhere, so here we go

Yahoo Email Checker or YEC for short, has been released on my site at http://darkdayssoftware.250free.com (direct link at the bottom). This program allows you to have fast access to your Yahoo email accounts. it does this by launching a program at startup which sits hidden in the background. It waits for a connection to be established and then appears in your tray. When you click it the icon will start falshing and when it has reached your inbox, it will stop flashing and your inbox will appear in a new window. You may have to type in your password the first time, but if you set it to REMEBER MY ID ON THIS COMPUTER, you wont have to type it in again.

I wrote this program because i am getting fed up of having to goto yahoo.com then click the email link and everything else being put on hold while I wait for pages to load. at least this way everything goes on behind the scenes till you are required, it doesnt occupy space in AOL windows and you can give your attention to something else while you are waiting for it to appear.

The file comes as an installer package and is available at the following link
http://darkdayssoftware.250free.com/downloads/Software/Yahoo/Setup.exe

The installer package will edit your registry to run the program at startup. You will not see the program untill a connection to the internet has been established.

Its free to download. All i ask is if you download it then please please please please please email me at either danjav@aol.com smgo_@hotmail.com or darkdayssoftware@hotmail.com to let me know you downloaded it. it just gives me an idea of how popular it was.

Thanks everyone.

Dan
>>Terabyte<<
Dark Days Software Ltd.

>>TerraByte. Putting the Byte back into Terragramming<< Life is like a sheet sandwich you take a bigger piece everyday.
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 23:03
STATS: 1 WEEK LATER

Views: 55
Comments:This is looking good

But then again nobody seems to have a YAHOO Email account

>>TerraByte. Putting the Byte back into Terragramming<< Life is like a sheet sandwich you take a bigger piece everyday.
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2003 23:12
I had mine deleted, someone used it to get me 100's of spam letter daily.

Dark Basic Pro has arived! I can feel the power!
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2003 22:03
make one for hotmail everyone has a hotmail account!

Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2003 03:04
not me

Got a knack for finding secrets??? Jingot Racing --- A new brand of Racing --- Only from Nightwatch Studios
"hey, it's tomorrow" --- Hamish
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2003 22:44
everyone but mattman

heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a Yahoo account, but no thanks anyway.

Your program could be an email address/password harvester.

I could never know for sure.

The more you see, the more you know.
The more you know, the more you see.
Reaperman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2003 03:19
@Heartbone

I think you are right.

Also Yahoo does not have any pop access (hotmail does tho) and it already has a yahoo companion so even if this software was doing what it should do, its not needed as you can use Yahoos own.
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2003 16:30
"make one for hotmail"

This feature already exists . just right click the msn icon

Mattman>>"not me"
Waat??? where have you been!!

heartbone
"Your program could be an email address/password harvester"
Dont worry, Its not. Its quite simple a hidden web page that appears when its loaded to save you time. But i understand your concern

greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 05:50
i think its a very kewl idea and i'll d/l it wehn i get home

i love smiles....here, have a few

reagrds
zac

I got best and fairest for soccer WHOOHOOO!
Ibrahim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 20:32
I think its very useful cause the same thing happenes to me have to goto www.yahoo.com bla bla bla anyway thanks for making it

All i want to be is a mod
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2003 21:13
aww thanks guys

Rknight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 10:02
Cool.

Now if only someone could make something to access MSN/hotmail so I wouldn't have to use Outlook, the program from Hell.
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2003 19:37
OH!

i see

ok im on to it

Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2003 02:28
ok ive released it.
its up there on the boards somwhere

oh a point to make.

This software will not tell you when you recieve an email. It just serves as a short cut to the inbox page. When its run it outputs a systray icon. when you click this icon it starts flashing. When your inbox page has loaded, you will see the main applicaiton window appear with the web page full yloaded on it. YOu can the navigate around in it (i made it mainly for 56k's but broadband's may find a use for it)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 09:11:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 09:11:59