Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Transfusion

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 17:19
This is the first time in a long time that Banshee have developed an original title rather than a remake. The game is called Transfusion and takes place inside the Human body.

We're about 60-70% complete as we still have some baddies to add to the game and a little UI work, then it is ready.

The game is a shoot em-up with multiple routes through the body/game. The levels are of fractal construction so we are unlimited as to how many we have, there will likely be about 50 levels.

Pneumatic Dryll
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 17:50
Cool! - You rarely see games like this, I loved that move 'Inner Space', nothing grosser or more intruiging as the human digestive system . Looks a little like the 3D sections in StarDust too, I'm guessing it's one of those fast paced shooters with swarms of enemies.

The new KoRn DVD has sequences where the camera goes inside the bands bodies, like up the ass and out the ear stuff - perhaps that'd be a good end of level sequence, could even be a still image zooming away from the particular orrifice as if the craft has just exited the body.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 18:11
DNA Warrior of c64!!!!

Free Download for a Free World
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 23:29
Looks good. reminds of Microcosm on the Amiga CD32!

If your mansion house needs haunting, just call Rentaghost!
Preston C
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 00:10
Wow, that looks cool. Cant wait for the final.

Dark Basic Pro has arived! I can feel the power!
Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 00:12
Awsome cant wait

http://matedit.com/forums/index.php (other great DB forums)
Current Project - Legends of the Sword - On my WWW
Check out profile for more information
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2003 05:45
I CAN

ha HA

'
ZING!

www.dbpcommunity.com - free webhosting
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2003 00:08
looking good, keep it up!

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2003 14:59
We are still working on this, we just have to add a bit more diversity in the monsters you face and some front end graphics and then it is ready. I think we're on target to deliver this in about 2 weeks time.

Here's a screenie of one of the boss mobs to keep your tongues wet, we call this one the "Squid of Despair"...

Pneumatic Dryll
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2003 00:08
"Squid of despair"
kewl! this is a good original concept!!!

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2003 05:34
This is the players ship, inspired by the "Star Fury".

Pneumatic Dryll
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2003 20:57
sweet! i can't wait for this to be realeased!

GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2003 21:54
Looks great! Good luck. Look forward to trying it out.

"Squid of Despair" lol

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2003 23:11
This level shows the new spikes that jut out and reach for you as you fly down the nicotene drenched lungs of the programming team.

There's still quite a bit to do on this one, but it's making steady progress bit by bit. It's likely to be the new flagship game for Banshee to carry us over Christmas with.

Pneumatic Dryll
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 01:57
Presumably you will not be announcing this at retro remakes website judging by the roasting they gave you over asteroids! There are some very strange people there.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 16:35
Banshee no longer partakes in the Retro Remakes community. This is due to due to a fundamental difference of ethos.

We are fundamentally a freeware software house, although many of our games are remakes we are not a remakes team. This difference of approach leads to a different set of ideals as recently highlighted by the negative responce of the RR community towards our way of making games.

Despite arguments to the contrary, neither myself, Nick, Rachel or anyone else on the team is in competition with anyone. We just love making games and we make the games we want to make. Unfortunately some members of the RR community felt that we where moving the goal posts of the retro scene to a place they felt was not appropriate for the scene.

We are focused on making bigger and better freeware software using our 'KISS' methodology (keep it simple, stupid). Retro Remakes are focused on reliving old classics. They dont want fancy graphics and animated intro's and full music scores. We do.

Pneumatic Dryll
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 22:31
Quite right! I won't even talk about what I thought about stardust as swear words are forbidden here!

Keep up the good work and I will definately be playing your games. Glad to see I'm still number 1 on Asteroids (as Sonic). I still play it from time to time.

Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
I know you indicated such, but is it possible that the player ship could look a bit less like the Babylon 5 ships for originality's sake??

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 14:40
The player ship is very small onscreen and most of the models detail will only be seen on the main menu and ingame i'm even considering cutting away a load of polygons and texturing info because it just wont be seen to make a kind of floating arse-end model just for that which will be onscreen.

I like the Star Fury design and I don't think originality is truely possible in computer games now days. If we made it look like something else then somebody would say, "hey that's just like XXX from YYY with a influence from ZZZ". Infact, is the Star Fury not a squatted down X-Wing?

The Star Fury model happened because Nick was bored and decided to make it, when he came to texturing he figured he may aswell make it unique rather than an actual clone of B5 so that we could use it in a game. Then when it came to Transfusion Nick said "what about using this Star Fury model?".

Pneumatic Dryll
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 22:17
very impressive.Are you making something for alienware compo?Sure with your abilities, you'll reach the top of the chart.

NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 22:02
We decided that we would not enter this compo as we were well into a couple of projects and didn`t want to put them on the back burner as they tend to get forgotten, And we have a habit of not just doing one game but several (Retro Comp 4 entries). However we will probably be entering the next if there is one.

The game should be ready in a few weeks but do to illness and other commitments we havn`t had much time but we have managed to do two more end of level nasties and a few more viruses for you to shoot at.

Nick Igoe
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2003 18:42
*cough* *splutter*

MEDIC!

We've had a delay.

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2003 17:55
I have recovered (mostly) from the flu and restarted work on Transfusion, the game is very nearly finished now and should be out over the next few weeks. Here's some more appetisers for those waiting on the release

Pneumatic Dryll
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2003 22:32
yay, can't wait!

Go on, click on my signature image, you know you want to
Favourite smiley>>>
NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2003 09:01
Its very nearly ready just a little more modelling, Play testing then you can get your grubby hands on it.

Nick Igoe
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2003 20:46
Of course, every game needs a big bad evil dude to kill and Transfusion is no exception. In this game, in a totaly predictable play on our family name and a certain film, we're after the evil Professor Igoe.

The final level is a bit like a car chase, but without the cars! As you hurtle down the veins and... See for yourself, Transfusion will be released this month. We're aiming for the next couple of weeks.

Pneumatic Dryll
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 00:01 Edited at: 10th Nov 2003 00:02
The full background and story has been released on the new look Banshee webpage.

We have not quite finished the actual game, but we're releasing towards the end of the month anyway to split the bandwidth over two months and thus avoid a huge bill Expect it in week 3 or so.

http://www.bansheestudios.com/transfusion.htm

God created the world in 7 days, but we're still waiting for the patch.
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 11:10
well, it's a pity you don't enter the compo, i think banshees are good enought to battle for the first prize.
however i must say i'm happy you're off competition, you're a bad guy to face in a compo!

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2003 14:31
Thankyou Ermes I was wondering the other day whether I could squeeze the alien model into the game somehow!

We chose not to enter because we did not want to detract from our current projects. The prize for the competition is indeed very good but Banshee are a team and we felt the competition was really designed for single person entries, it wouldn't be fair on the other entrants or the non-PC winners in the team if we entered and won, and there's no point aiming for second.

You never know, I might knock up something by myself next month as an entry It wouldn't be as good as Tranfusion though.

Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2003 23:55
Unfortunately we've been the victims of our own success. We have had 4 of our games reviewed recently at various sites and they all scored top marks and consequently the bandwidth hitting our site is running in at over 4gb a day.

We're already facing a bandwidth bill as 4x30=120gb/month is significantly over our allowance. We estimate that Transfusions first month after launch will result in over half a terrabyte of bandwidth.

This meens we have to delay Transfusion until next month in order to reduce the cost of the bill. Also the increasing costs of the level of bandwidth we're dealing with need to be addressed, but we do intend to keep the game free.

Whilst I understand there are placed I can host the file for free the problem with these sites is that they cannot sustain the level of data we are currently shunting, and I am relluctant to host elsewhere and loose the statistical reporting which has tangeable benefits for Banshee's future.

In the hope of controlling our expenses we're making the game donationware. We hope that those people who really do enjoy it will be willing to contribute towards sustaining the website, you will be able to pick the size of your contribution and it is entirely voluntary - you will still get the whole game without having to register or pay a penny. We still believe firmly in freeware.

Hopefully enough people will enjoy the game to cover the costs we are facing and we'll be able to continue to avoid making our games shareware.

Sorry for those of you who have been looking forward to this one, it's only a short delay...

Wik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 00:11
Yeah free!

good for you!

I wanted to learn C++ but then I started having nightmares.
I would scream at night, "AHHHHH!!! THE SEMI-COLONS"
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 11:17 Edited at: 13th Nov 2003 11:19
My free host provide me unlimited web space and unlimited bandwidth.
How lucky i am.

I am with you for freeware.

go to my www to play RAVEN, THE FLIGHT OF RAVEN and SUNDAY DRIVERS
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2003 22:01
Yes I used to have a xoom site, a geocities, an angelfire, a globalnet... The problem with all of them is that they struggle to deliver much more than 0.5gb a day. A few moments ago I took the decision to close the Banshee site because we where delivering over 1gb an hour today, the bill every minute was more than I earn... And it wasn't going to get any less just because I'd finished work.

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2003 09:20 Edited at: 14th Nov 2003 09:22
i hope you transfer all your games to a xoom site.

it's a pity you close all, you're one of the few people here around who make good games and let it to be free.(also the most make ugly games and want to be payed... )

go to my www to play RAVEN, THE FLIGHT OF RAVEN and SUNDAY DRIVERS
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2003 03:16
Nick and I took a 'client' down the pub tonight and have secured a deal that has ensured the long term surviveability of our website. It will be a few days until the site is back up because we need to release the domain name from the current hosts.

We have agreed to a form of advertising, a discreet and small banner next to the download button of each game. We'll also likely mention them in the credits of new games voluntarily.

Although I cannot yet make an announcement as to who is behind the sponsorship deal I can tell you that they are a new media company backed by a large corporation, therefor the future of our website is secured for some time to come.

They're also sponsoring our race team which relaunches next season, we're doing our first test on Sunday alongside the factory works team who will be giving us support on our attempt to claim Le Mans victory before we're too old and fat to fit in a go kart.

ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2003 17:50
great news!

GO TO THE ETERNAL DESTINY FORUMS!!! http://forums.eternaldestinyonline.com
Do it now!!!
NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2003 19:48
Does anyone remember Bandersnatch from imagine?????

Nick Igoe
NickIgoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2003 20:09
Finally released, I thought it was never gonna be released

Nick Igoe
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2003 22:21
You shameless, shameless thread bumper Nick!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:33:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:33:09