Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / how to make a standalone exe file

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, i've made a simple program which contains an image. If I run the debug.exe the image needs to be in the project folder for the program to work. How do i make the program into a standalone .exe file, so i can send it to my friends?
Thank you!

I just love the smell of code in the morning...
xbandages
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2010 02:34
I think you have to select the drop down arrow next to Debug and select Release. Compile and hopefully enjoy
Cuddle Bunniezzz 12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2010 03:22
Are you compiling it in Debug or Release mode? If it is set to "Debug", then change it to "Release", compile it, and tell me if it works.

http://www.darkgdk.us/ <- You can now submit pages, upload images, yet were lacking content. We need your help!
Wizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Did that, first, a message window pops up, it looks like this:

Debugging information for 'program.exe' cannot be found or does not match. Binary was not built with debug information.

Do you wan't to continue debugging?

[]Don't show this dialog again

[YES] [NO]

If i press yes, the program runs, and it executes its task, but it doesn't use the image. If i paste the image into the "release" folder, it works. So this did nothing for me, i still need to have the image in the same folder as the .exe file.

I just love the smell of code in the morning...
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2010 14:19
all media need to be in the same directory as the exe if you run the exe from \debug or \release, but if you run them from within VC++ they need to be in projects\projname\projname, if you want to make an exe, it's highly recommended to use the release build for it, so you first choose "release" in VC++ toolbar instead of debug, then run it, it will create the exe, go to projects\projname\projname\release\ and pick the exe, and put it where ever you want, then take the media and put them in the same directory, and the exe will work as it should

Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2010 14:53
Quote: "Debugging information for 'program.exe' cannot be found or does not match. Binary was not built with debug information."

Choose "Debug->Start without debugging" or press Ctrl-F5, instead of "Debug->Start debugging" or F5.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
Emo Philips

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 03:27:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 03:27:46