Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / DBC v1.2 Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2010 20:53
Sorry if there is already a thread for v1.2 problems but I couldn't find it.

My problem is that when run using the new db.exe almost all of my old programs flicker uncontrollably even after the program has ended. This also happens with new programs but making slight changes seems to get rid of the flickering, but it is very annoying having to tip-toe around this problem and I have no idea what is causing it. Any suggestions?

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
What Windows version?

Is there a setup.ini file in the same folder as db.exe and is bitflipmode=1 ? If not, you need it.

Check your graphics card drivers. Are they up to date? Or perhaps you recently updated them and now the problem occurs.

Try putting LOCK CLI at the top of your code (the very top).

Enjoy your day.
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 03:40
cheers latch I will try those

Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 17:09
Just a thought - do you still have the d3drm dll? You need it on Vista or above - you can find it in the Zip attached to this thread.

Hope this helps!

"I wish I was a spaceman, the fastest guy alive. I'd fly you round the universe, in Fireball XL5..."
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 19:51 Edited at: 13th Apr 2010 19:53
I am using Windows XP.
The LOCK CLI command seems to do the trick (I didn't even know it existed!).
I think the main problem is my lack of memory (128mb): Everest tells me "AGP aperature size is more than half of the system memory size. This may cause performance penalty". I highly recommend Everest to everyone, it tells you so much more about your hardware than windows does, it's free too.

I should order some memory, I feel sorry for my processor lol.

My graphics card is integrated and the driver hasn't been update since... 2004! I'll see if there is a newer one.

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Libervurto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 05:37
@Latch
Thanks, hmmm my screen only "goes crazy" within DB, sometimes during the program (especially if text is involved) but mainly when the program has ended and the CLI pops up. It is very sporadic and doesn't happen all the time but it is annoying. I tried opening several applications and running and that seems to make it worse so I think it is a memory issue, but I'm not an expert on these things.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:49:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:49:49