Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Search Search and Search some more

Author
User Banned
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 07:41
hello everyone.
after seing the same questions over and over again
i must ask
"why dont people use the search button anymore? "
its pretty simple actually , you type what youre after and click

entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 13:10
I'd wager it's because the search function is quite crappy. It only searches thread topics and not the interior texts, meaning that someone must have asked a direct question or stated something directly for you to find it as a later reference.

It's impossible to find relevant discussions by using the built-in search feature.
_Pauli_
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 13:27
Yeah, the forum search here is almost useless!
For example it will only search for whole phrases,
like when you search for 'real time shadows' it will give different results than 'real shadows', although the second term should result in at least the same topics as the first one (and more)!
And the google search often results in a ton of useless results like command listings and such...

But haliop is right, every few weeks the same questions pop up, because people are not willing to look past page 1...

Now the plot thickens, the fps decreases, and the awesomeness goes through the roof.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 9th Apr 2010 15:09
how can we fix it?
maybe we should talk with TGC , about sticking a post about known problems or known fixes:
like:

2D Collision
3D Collision

Font and Text - slow fps
dbStr - Memory leaks

these are just examples , and all of them today have some nice fixes or a workaround...
i think a Sticky should be good.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 03:31:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 03:31:35