Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Tile Editor for DarkGDK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2010 02:44
I know most of the time you have to create your own. But I was just searching the forums and could only find tile editors for Basic

It would be awesome to find one that works for gdk. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

p.s. I was looking at just making 2D top down rpg game using the 3D commands...but i'm at a loss here and jumping back to 2D
xbandages
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2010 03:01 Edited at: 10th Apr 2010 06:55
Oh I think I might have found one....won't be able to try it out for a few hours....

Its called tile studio. Looks pretty cool and it came with a couple of examples (works with c++ as well!).

Please feel free to post any recommendations in the mean time!

Thanks!

EDIT: wow, I just made some tiles following a tutorial on their website. Never thought I could actually make ANYTHING that looked this good (i'm no artist, so please understand...)

From left to right: grass, grass w/ road, tree, cloud, heart, yoshi egg, grapes, bananas, apple or cherry...., and a rock!
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 10th Apr 2010 07:58
i think you should consider making one of your own
mastering 2D will help you alot when you move to 3D.

and its not that hard.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 03:32:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 03:32:39