Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dark Cube - EZRotate Rubiks Cube

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2010 23:44
Early stage of a rubiks cube solver program,just a proof of concept on the graphics side of the things for now,jumbles up the cube then lets you rotate it around and spin the sides around as well,keyboard only for now,gui to come later.
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 03:47
I get an error: *See image*

Attachments

Login to view attachments
paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 10:19
Sorry Dark Dragon,i cant reproduce that error on any of my machines,i have just tried to copy and paste the code snippet into both my laptop and desktop and both run ok,make sure the line reads "set object normals obj_num" and that the "set object normals" part is highlighted as a DBPro command,what version of DBPro are you running?
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 15:52 Edited at: 11th Apr 2010 15:53
Normally the way we present things in the WIP boards is to upload a compiled version of the game so that people without DB can play too, It just prevents errors when people have different sets of commands. I for instance can't play this At the moment because i don't have EZrotate

Oh, and It doesn't hurt to add a couple of screenshots too.
EDIT: just seen your join date, you taken a while away from the forums or something?

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 18:29
Quote: "that the "set object normals" part is highlighted as a DBPro command"

yup. highlighted. i've got the latest version of pro.....

Quote: "I for instance can't play this At the moment because i don't have EZrotate "

just a thought.....maybe thats why mine doesnt run? not sure.....

paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 21:02
Ok,exe version of the cube attatched.
As for having been away Blobby,no check out some of my other posts like the race track editor,only a few posts down from this also in the wip forum.

Attachments

Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 22:45
...................Ok, I'm really trying not to just give up, but when I run your exe, It just sits there. Idle.

Might you have another? and maybe some screenies, to.

paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 07:21
Thanks for not giving up Dark Dragon but i cant find the problem,i have spent longer trying to make it ´not work´ on other pc´s than i did to write it.
So far i have copied and pasted the code snippet into 4 different pc´s,1 running xp,2 running vista and 1 win7,the xp machine has 7.1 the 2 vistas have 7.2 an 7.3 and win7 has 7.4 and all have run the code fine with between 1 and 3 seconds of blank screen at start up while it makes the textures,all of them ran the exe produced by all of the the other machines,and all the exes were also tried on a win7 netbook that had no dbpro at all and after installing dx9c they even ran on that.could i hav stumbled on a 7.5 bug by accident?
Screen caps and a vid to follow just to prove it does exist and run.
paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2010 10:59

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMKrYh7tlmU
couple of screenshots and a small vid
Dark Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 04:17
Probly something on my end??

Well from the video(and screens), it looks ok. You used EZ - Rotate correct? Not bad, dont see how ur doing it on the keyboard tho. seems a bit confusing, but I'd have to play it. I'm gonna redownload it and try again........

paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2010 13:44
Latest version attatched with the mouse input control part working so no more confusing keyboard controls.

This uses EZRotate,Sparkys and Matrix1 Plugins

Attachments

paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2010 22:33
latest version of dark cube,think its about time to start on the solver routines.
I have a set of moves for sorting various problems,just need to write the recognition routines to orientate the cube to the correct position before applying the moves.
Shouldn`t be as hard as i was expecting as i all ready have the routines to display the legend along side,which can give me the face colours for any square in any position,so all i have to do is rotate the whole cube to put it in the place i need.

Anybody else having trouble running the code snippets?
Think the next step before the solver is an input routine to put in your own jumbled up cube colours,then after the solver to list out the moves required to solve it.

Attachments

paul5147
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 15:32
Latest version to have a play with,now 'j' jumbles up the cube and 's' starts to solve it,only does 2 of the rows for now,it did more but an editor that i wont name until i can duplicate the fault,ate about 500 lines of the scripted rules it uses to solve the remainder and left me with a blank dba file instead!

warning- this is about 1800 lines and uses EZRotate and Sparkys,possibley Matrix1 aswell,never can remember if some of the commands are native to DBPro or not.
Exe atatched below.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:19:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:19:02