Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2010 05:07
Hello, I was wondering with dark ai how can you have it where two entities get close and start shooting each other. After a while the health of one of them will equal 0 and then die. The biggest problem I am having is what if/then statement should I have to tell the entities when to fight or not. Thank you very much for everyones help!

sov the game creator!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2010 18:20
Funnily enough I'm having a similar problem in that my entities will not fight.

AI enemies and friendlies should fight automatically once they can see each other.

You can normally see them 'squaring up' to each other when they get close enough but you can check what they are actually 'doing' using

You can then check that string to decide when your entity is "attacking":

Hope that helps!

Serge Adjo
Years of Service
User Offline
@sovr Simply use 'AI Get Entity Can Fire ( Entity Number )'
try something like this:

the first line tell the program to shoot when the entity is aiming at its target, the second line decrease the life of the target...

also if you have many entities you may want to decrease the life of the entity that is shooted: you may use this command to know wich entity is shooted and wich isn't:
'AI Get Entity Target ID ( Entity Number, Target Index )'

-hope it helps, Serge.

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2010 04:59
Here is the code i was using for my attack but i am going to change it as the health goes down way to fast my guess is like the code above it needs a timer system

======================================

GreenDixy Productions http://GreenDixy.Com
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2010 10:51
Yes it needs a timer or it just causes an attack every other loop instead of every loop.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 17:12
If I were you I wouldn't use DarkAI for anything other than the path finding.

You can get a "can see" result alot faster from a raycast between the character and the target than you can using the "AI get entity can see" command.

I want robotic legs.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2010 17:13
If I were you I wouldn't use DarkAI for anything other than the path finding.

You can get a "can see" result alot faster from a raycast between the character and the target than you can using the "AI get entity can see" command. And the raycast will have actual collision with the level geometry, whereas the "AI get entity... " command will only do a none/mid/high detection,.

I want robotic legs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:29:13
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:29:13