Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Capital Punishment

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2010 18:48 Edited at: 16th Apr 2010 21:16
In my WIP about my other game someone suggested that killing pigeons wasn't very PC. Well in this game you have to kill Bankers

Capital Punishment V0.6

This version was quickly compiled together to show off the game a bit. It currently has 7 levels. The menu is very "bodged" together. When you complete the level there is no indication (apart from your score will be for example Bankers killed:5/5), so just quit ("z") and pick another level to play. The gameplay is similar to Lemmings, but the aim is reversed so you have to kill bankers instead of saving them.

Rules:

The aim of the game is to stop as many bankers getting home as possible and lead them to their death. If I banker gets to a house they no longer can be killed.

You place piles of money which the bankers react to depending how much money there is. They will always walk towards money that is on their eyesight level. The problem is you only have so much money to use.

How the bankers react:

Pile of 1: Walk towards
Pile of 2: Walk towards and then play with the money stopping any bankers walking pass them
Pile of 3: Walk towards and then get big headed which causes them to float upwards (accessing new areas)
Pile of 4: Walk towards and then they get so excited they explode with happiness (destroying scenery around them).

The money left is shown in the top left corner.

Menu:
To play, choose start, then a campaign (at the moment they only exists "bankers") and then a level. Easy levels are at the top. Use cursors to browse.

Controls

Left click to place coins. If coins are already there it will add to the pile. The maximum pile is 4.
1 to 4 - Selects number of coins to place
r - restarts the level
z - Quits the level.
- set game speed to normal
= sets game speed to double

Planned improvements:
- Sound + music
- Two Campaigns with 20 levels each
- Tutorial level/video (I feel the game might not be too intuitive)
- Improved in-game graphics
- Improved menu graphics/naviagation
- Campaign changed so not all levels are open and you have to unlock them as you complete others
- Concise intro screen to levels
- A "you win" screen when you complete levels
- If I can be bothered to "neaten" up the level editor that will be made available

Screenshots:

Download:

http://dfs.uh-hosting.co.uk/hatsu/Capital_punishment_v0.6.zip

If people could not only provide feedback on gameplay, but also how difficult levels were it would be greatly appreciated.

www.freewarehub.net
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 04:58
It was kind of cool but after a few drops of gold, left clicking would no longer drop it.
SJPro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2010 12:27 Edited at: 16th Apr 2010 21:15
Sorry I should have mentioned this. There is a limited amount of gold to complete each level. The amount of money left is displayed in the top left corner. The puzzle is to kill the required amount of bankers with the amount of gold given.

www.freewarehub.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:24:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:24:40