Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 16:59 Edited at: 20th Jun 2010 15:19

!!!MEGA W.I.P Demo Now Available!!!

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QF35RJT3

Link 2: http://www.mediafire.com/?eem3udyzzwc

The demo is not completely perfect and I'm constantly making changes to the levels in it. Oh, there's no outdoor levels either

!!!Video Link Now Available!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4XRGaJQYss

!!!New Revised Intro Video!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WKEvSO_LEg

Features

- Weapon Shaders
- All Segments PS 2.0 Compatible
- Character Shaders
- Interactive Computers
- Radio Transmissions
- Professional(ish) Voice Acting

Story

The year is 2033, and despite major technological and biochemical advancements in recent years, there are still over 2 million deaths each year caused by malaria. It is now the single biggest killer on the planet, with over half of the Earth's population now at risk. YNC Services, a major biological engineering company, under management by the United Nations, began working on a cure.

Initial tests were successful - the scientists altered the behaviour of mosquitoes and modified them to become stronger and superior to the current mosquitoes, while killing any Plasmodium inside of them, removing them as a vector for malaria. These mosquitoes carried their own infection, which would mutate the bitten mosquitoes into one of the super-mosquitoes - they attacked their own species, meaning it would only be a matter of time before the malaria carrying mosquito became extinct.

After extensive testing, the United Nations decided to release the mosquito into the wild. And it was successful. Only a few years later, original mosquitoes were almost completely extinct. The super-mosquitoes, now without other mosquitoes to feed on, were forced to change to a different food source. Us.

A single bite from a super-mosquito was all it took to transfer the virus, mutating its host into a violent, blood thirsty being, where the virus could then be transferred once again to another host.

Initially, all the world’s governments attempted to cover up the massive blunder by forging stories. But it wasn't long before the infection spread too far to contain. A worldwide pandemic began as the mosquito virus spread throughout the population. Governments began to quarantine towns, cities, and finally, entire countries. But it was not enough. Each of the countries' leaders set up safe zones, underground bunkers where those immune and who had not been infected remained in a safe environment, safe from the frenzied, blood crazed world above.

I was born in City 13, Bunker 57. All I know of the world above is what I have learnt from public information stations. We are safe here, but for how long? It is only a matter of time before the Infected find us. My name is Johnathon Reid I was born here, live here and will die here too. Hopefully… Laus Deo Semper

Screenshots

Expect screenshots to be updated.

Thanks,

Ben

[center]

TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 17:04
Looks pretty interesting, looking forward to this.

Not sure I like the lighting in the 3rd picture though. Theres too many.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 17:06
too many what? screens?

thanks,
TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 17:07
No, too many lights in the third picture, guess I should have made that more clear in that sentence.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 17:29 Edited at: 18th Apr 2010 17:53
ahh I see, I'll take a look

Expect more screen of the outside soon

EDIT : Updated screens
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 18:21
The outside screens look great!

TheCoolGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 18:23
Looks much better than when I tried to do an outside scene in FPSC... Mine looked just plain awful.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Wich segments are you using for the outdoor?

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 18:52
Looks really good! I like the outdoors a lot more than the indoors, though.

French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 18:53
Wow, impressive screens! All of them are very nice. The only thing that I don't like are these stock sci-fi doors, I can't stand them anymore ! But really, good work there.
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 19:04
The outdoor screens are insane!

[img][/img]
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2010 19:17
Quote: "Looks much better than when I tried to do an outside scene in FPSC... Mine looked just plain awful."

It seems I have a thing for outdoor spaces in FPSC

Quote: "Wich segments are you using for the outdoor?"

Urban Model Pack 36 (TGC)
Nuke City Pack (Cosmic Prophet)

Quote: "Wow, impressive screens! All of them are very nice. The only thing that I don't like are these stock sci-fi doors, I can't stand them anymore ! But really, good work there."

Thanks, I'm looking for alternatives if you have any? I'm liking the doors from Alpha Project and want something similar

Quote: "Looks really good! I like the outdoors a lot more than the indoors, though."
Quote: "The outdoor screens are insane!
"

Thanks guys
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2010 06:23
this was a fun one to test.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2010 21:17
I updated the purity logo as 'BootStudios' now has a logo 8) Courtesy of Shadow Blade! Thanks!

Work on this will be halted for a bit as several personal issues are coming up. I'm gonna release a beta demo though. (V0.2)

^will be updated very slightly compared to V0.1

Thanks,

Ben
Kumi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2010 23:16
Wow, Nice Ben.Keep up the Good Work.Cant Wait For Demo Looks Very Nice

-Kumi

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 16:13
demo now available!!!

Link in the first post
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 16:24
Will download and post feedback! The screens look good. Why aren't you using Boot Studios logo as your image? You know the one that has the flag right now.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 16:26 Edited at: 24th Apr 2010 16:28
oh, thats a good idea, thanks

Change it now

EDIT: changed
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 16:57
Now I played it trought and it was great. It started awesomely! The intro was awesome! Except the main character wouldn't have to say "Boot Studios presents". But it was nice. The graphics were good and I liked the shaders on everything. the design was good, I liked the look of the whole facility. The sound acting was ok. In the first Incoming Transmission part, the other character sounded like he was happy; "There is something in there, it's not human, go check it out!". You get what I mean. But the use of sounds was nice. It ended greatly, all that breathing effect was great. I liked it! Keep it up and I like to see more and play more :-P

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 16:59
Thanks lots

The voice acting still needs to be changed as beta testers said it was to bland. I do have some recordings that a few people have recorded, I just cant decide the best 8)
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2010 21:05
Double bump.

only 2 downloads?
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2010 19:18
wow triple bump, no comments serious?

and I just realised the link is down so I'm uploading another now. Thanks for telling me it wasn't working?

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
some new screens?

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2010 20:25
Jeez, stop bumping your thread. My 'Exposure' thread hasn't been posted on in days...

The screens look very good, I like the scifi environment a lot Good work.

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2010 20:31
Quote: "Jeez, stop bumping your thread. My 'Exposure' thread hasn't been posted on in days..."

Wow, I like your manners

But thank you anyways

PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2010 20:37
I was joking, no offense inteded And jeez you responded fast!

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2010 20:38 Edited at: 25th Apr 2010 20:51
just cause I have no life

EDIT: now there's a second link

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2010 20:54
Bootlicker, sorry I didn't get back to your email from a while ago! It was very good, and will remain installed on my laptop for some time

One thing I'm not a big fan of though is the storyline:

Quote: "Attempting to create males sperm guaranteed to all hold either an ‘X’ or a ‘Y’ chromosome therefore guarantying a child’s gender."

I mean, what's the point in creating sperm when the X or Y chromosome can already be identified in natural sperm in sperm banks from donors? A child's gender can already be guaranteed, it's just the ethical side of it that disallows many parents from choosing their child's gender.

Quote: "95% of the world’s population were inoculated with YNC raking it in. "

Now let's make this clear - even if such a serum were to exist, I highly doubt many people would take it - by doing so, they would only be able to produce children of one gender removing the choice of the parent, when the child's gender can already be chosen without removing that choice. Also, you'd have to take into account the fact that many LEDCs such as Africa and poorer countries would receive very little of the treatment.

I mean, it would be crazy to even assume that what YNC was doing would be legalised, and not only that, taken by 95% of the world's population - it would simply be unnecessary.

I think a better storyline would be that one super-Government was in control of the planet (facists and evil people who want power), and force the population to take the serum or face death (although, again one has to question the motives behind a Government forcing people to have a child of a selected gender).

But yeah, that plot has more holes in it than a sponge - maybe you should work on it a bit more?

Keep up the good work

Now that I look back, I don't think I've ever made a post with that much sperm before :S

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
moncho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2010 07:58
hmm reminds me of resident evil 4
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
I really like the first couple of outdoor screens, doesnt look semi fpsc to me. All the best.

demo released.
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 17:25
Quote: "that plot has more holes in it than a sponge"

yeah, I have to agree it's not the best...

If anyone wants to come up with a new story they will get:

A free copy of the game if it goes commercial (likely to)
Exclusive demos
A place in the credits (amazing huh?)

Thanks,

Ben

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2010 20:45
I like your story. A LOT. If I was you, I wouldn't change the story to anything, lol!

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2010 17:59
The basic idea of the story is great - two sides of humanity fighting against each other, the Pure and the Unpure. Now, clearly the 'unpure' disease needs to be very infectious and infect a large amount of the population - perhaps take on a 'I am Legend' type story here, where humans (YNC) attempted to create a permanent cure for a disease e.g. malaria, and this mutated into an airborne disease which spread across the planet infecting the population, with only around a 5% immunity rate. Perhaps a story like below:

The year is 2033, and despite major technological and biochemical advancments in recent years, there are still over 2 million deaths each year caused by malaria. It is now the single biggest killer on the planet, with over half of the Earth's population now at risk. YNC Services, a major biological engineering company owned by the Government, began working on a cure.

Initial tests were successful - the scientists altered the behaviour of mosquitoes and modified them to become stronger and superior to the current mosquitoes, while killing any Plasmodium inside of them, removing them as a vector for malaria. These mosquitoes carried their own infection, which would mutate the bitten mosquitoes into one of the super-mosquitoes - they attacked their own species, meaning it would only be a matter of time before the malaria carrying mosquito became extinct.

After extensive testing, the G8 decided to release the mosquito into the wild. And it was successful. Only a few years later, original mosquitoes were almost completely extinct. The super-mosquitoes, now without other mosquitoes to feed on, were forced to change to a different food source. Us.

A single bite from a super-mosquito was all it took to transfer the virus, mutating it's host into a violent, blood thirsty being, where the virus could then be transferred once again to another host.

Initially, the Government attempted to cover up the massive blunder by forging stories. But it wasn't long before the infection spread too far to contain. A worldwide pandemic began as the mosquito virus spread throughout the population. Governments began to quarantine towns, cities, and finally, entire countries. But it was not enough. Each of the countries' leaders set up safe zones, underground bunkers where those immune and who had not been infected remained in a safe environment, safe from the frenzied, blood crazed world above.

I was born in City 13, Bunker 57. All I know of the world above is what I have learnt from public information stations. We are safe here, but for how long? It is only a matter of time before the Infected find us. My name is...... I was born here, and will hopefully die here too.

Hope you like the story, sorry it was a little long, I got slightly carried away

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2010 10:41
Wow, that's pretty good. Much better than mine, and it's nice to see someone who can write properly around here

I'll probably use that with a few minor alterations.

Thanks,

Ben

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2010 15:18
U just noticed, that the water on hte ground reflects the Metro Theater room. but that's nothing bid, as atleast I wouldn't stop and look at the water as I was playing...

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2010 19:32 Edited at: 2nd May 2010 20:26
Video link now available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4XRGaJQYss

Has quite bad sound quality, the voice acting is actually higher quality than EAI sounds so please don't be put off

EDIT: Screenies updated

Shadowtroid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2010 22:22
Quote: "2033"

Been playing Metro 2033, haven't you?

Shadow Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 11:46
Quote: "2033"
]
Quote: "Been playing Metro 2033, haven't you? "

Yeah I'd probably change that if I were you.

Anyway, great looking game Bootlicker! Nice to see you making good use of the logo . I'm a big fan of the Fallout series, and love the post-apaclyptic setting. Good luck with this!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 15:55
Quote: "Quote: "2033"
]

Quote: "Been playing Metro 2033, haven't you? "

Yeah I'd probably change that if I were you."

Why? 2033 is just a number. Why should he change that?

We all feed on tradegy, it's like blood to a vampire
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 17:39 Edited at: 3rd May 2010 17:40
Quote: "Been playing Metro 2033, haven't you?

Yeah I'd probably change that if I were you."

No, I actually just picked a year sometime not too far in the future I've never played or even heard of that game. Change the year if you wish, I just picked it at random.

EDIT:

Quote: "I'll probably use that with a few minor alterations."

Does that mean I get:

Quote: "A free copy of the game if it goes commercial (likely to)
Exclusive demos
A place in the credits (amazing huh?)"

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 17:43
yes, yes you do...

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 20:35
New screens look really nice!

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 20:56
Thanks for all the nice comments

Could I just ask who thinks this would be a successful commercial project? If so how much would it go for?

Don't worry, I'm thinking about releasing ir for free to the FPSC community. If I don't there will be lots of freebies.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2010 23:19
Quote: "Could I just ask who thinks this would be a successful commercial project? If so how much would it go for? "

I think it'd be succesful. If I was you, I'd definetly try to get it sold in somewhere alongside all those big companies' games.
(that's just my opinion, that it looks so good, LOL)

Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 18:40
anymore thoughts on that?

Also, I redoing the 'Supply' level which is the survivors camp. Most of the outdoor screens come from there. I'm making it alot more indoorish so fps stays about 55. I've been getting around 20-25 on that level and I want this to run on all systems. It will still feature outdoor!

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 20:33
Quote: "Also, I redoing the 'Supply' level which is the survivors camp. Most of the outdoor screens come from there. I'm making it alot more indoorish so fps stays about 55. I've been getting around 20-25 on that level and I want this to run on all systems. It will still feature outdoor!"

Cool, can't wait to see screenshots of it!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2010 20:44
I think you would do great too! I loved the "demo" (except the transmission guys voiceacting)!

We all feed on tradegy, it's like blood to a vampire
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2010 19:31
sorry for the lack of updates, been busy with... stuff

I updated the 'supply' screens and added an extra one. I've been battling with this a few errors which keep popping up.

If anyone is willing to make some dead bodies for the mp1 characters I would appreciate that a lot!

And I would still like the views on this going commercial

Thanks,

Ben

p.s want to help? shoot me an email.

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2010 16:35
OMFG I love those new screenshots!

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline