Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I hear mnay differents opinions about DarkPhisics; some saying it's a good tool, someelse saying it'snt.

My doubt is: shell I buy it?
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2010 10:04
Well it simple to use but does have a few flaws, but they'er not show stoppers, also if you are using c++ then you can get at it both ways Darkphysx and Nvidia Physx.

When it first came out I had it doing a few things very quickly that I could never do with normal Darkbasic.
eg dice games, skittles..

over to others for there views.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
NickH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2010 12:59 Edited at: 28th Apr 2010 13:31
Well the game I'm working on fulltime (almost as a job at the moment) uses DarkPhysics, along with a few others. DarkPhysics is the core of my game though. The particle engine isn't in a useable state (from what I can tell) so I've written my own and it doesn't have a cylinder collision type. As HowDo said it has flaws.....but without it my game probably would've taken months and months longer to develope and beyond me. When you know it's flaws, limitations, know what it's good at and know how to use it, it's really good.

EDIT - Also Raycasting isn't good, but I use Sparky's for that.
Creating Game
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for sharing your experience

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:33:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:33:08