Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / thank you

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to thank all people involved in developing such a great product as PurBasic and PureGDK.

Only one thing I dont like.

When accessing a member of a structure I'm used to use '.' (dot, very pascal, modula, oberon, java, C#, ADA, Eiffel style) instead of '\' That sometimes really make me crazy.
aonyn
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Indeed, thanks from me also, PureBasic and PureGDK are both great products.

About using the '/' to access a stucture member, no it is not exactly like the other languages you mention, but it is a different language.
It also does not use '{}' to close loops, etc, etc. I don't think it will be changed, it would break the entire communities projects.

That said, if it bothers you enough to justify the effort, you could possibly write a precompiler to change code written the way you like to PureBasic standards. There is even a member who has written an object oriented precompiler, which adds support for things like classes and methods in purebasic, using standard OO keywords.

regards,
Dave
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2010 13:54 Edited at: 28th Apr 2010 13:54
If it really bothers you, Creating Game, you'll be glad to hear that the PureGDK will soon support languages other than just PureBasic such as C++. Then you'll be able to use the dot operator to your hearts content.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:34:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:34:05